Smokeycabin:

I just sent this letter to all the Kansas Kids Officers and Directors that have an e-mail address listed. I got to do some things at home now but I will work more on it later by sending it to KWCA leaders, high school coaches and club directors if they have e-mails. If someone else has some time to help me with this, I would appreciate it. We just need to contact these people to tell them to get their petition letters ready to send to the KU Athletic Director and the KU Chancellor.

Hello,

I would like for you to read a topic that I have introduced both on the Kids Forum and College Forum on the USAW-Kansas Kids Forums. I even added to the High School Forum breaking all the rules about only introducing a topic on one forum. I thought it would be permissible this time since I believe it is so important for all of us to act now. This is the reason why:

QUOTE]Originally posted by Husker Fan:
It is being reported today in a KC Star article that KU just signed a seven year contract extension with ESPN for $40.2 million dollars ($5.74 million per year). It stated that this was more than a 300% increase. It also stated that this money will lead to deparment-wide improvements in KU athletic programs.

I can't think of a better one than the addition of a Mens and Womens NCAA wrestling teams. I think everyone should e-mail Lew Perkins or the KU athletic department with that suggestion. [/QUOTE]

I would like for you to visit the topic on either forum and closely study the call to action for wrestling organizations, wrestling clubs and high schools wrestling coaches that Smokeycabin, (Sean McCarthy), the STA wrestling coach has made to all of us. See his ideas and suggestions for our organizations leaders.

I hope we all act. Please consider being a leader in this effort. Get a petition together from your organization and send it to the KU Athletic Director and the Chancellor.

Remember CARPE DIEM (Seize the Day or Opportunity). I believe it is now or never at KU. Let us not let this opportunity slip by us.

Thank you,

Vince Nowak
Wrestling Parent and Tax Paying Kansas Citizen

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions