Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
8U 67 #4984 03/23/04 03:02 AM
L
loud&proudmama Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Does anyone know anything about any of these wrestlers from any of the 4 districts? Just curious.

Re: 8U 67 #4985 03/23/04 03:37 AM
G
grammysmurf3 Offline
G
8 / 67 1 - 1st Andrew Denning, Kaw Valley Kids
1 - 2nd Dalton Weidl, Ottawa
1 - 3rd Aaron Puckett, Bonner Springs
1 - 4th Lee Koch, Anderson County
2 - 1st Bryson Teufel, Ark City Takedown
2 - 2nd Nick Jacobs, Caney
2 - 3rd Derrick Gates, Maize
2 - 4th Mathew Kissinger, Derby
3 - 1st Jake Gehring, Team Lightning
3 - 2nd Tyler Fritz, Smoky Valley
3 - 3rd Payton Vetter, Beloit
3 - 4th Kyle Wilson, Wamego Jr.
4 - 1st Kade Sander, Great Bend
4 - 2nd Cole Pfeifer, Ellis
4 - 3rd Brooke Bahe, Goodland
4 - 4th Alexandra Penka, Garden City
The only child I know anything about it Payton Vetter from Beloit. He is a 3rd possibly 4th year wrestler. Good luck to all the wrestlers going to state and to the one's who didn't make it....Practice hard and keep your head held high for you all are SHINING STARS!!!

Re: 8U 67 #4986 03/23/04 03:55 AM
L
OP Offline
L
I'm curious if anyone can tell me about any of the kids listed by grammysmurf. I know some of these kids from previous tournaments, but I don't know much about any of the kids from district 4, with the exception of Kade Sander. How well do these kids wrestle, what are their records, etc. Just wondering!!

Re: 8U 67 #4987 03/23/04 01:11 PM
VanFam7 Offline
At this age anything can happen. Records are not really as important at this age. It depends on where and what type of tournaments they are going to. I'm sure all these kids are good wrestlers or they wouldn't be here. What is important is that the kids are having FUN! Good wrestling comes from the heart. And that the parents are in it for the KIDS! I'm sure everyone would agree, it's all about the kids!!!!!!

Annette & FJ VanAnne
sekcoach@yahoo.com
Re: 8U 67 #4988 03/23/04 04:59 PM
L
OP Offline
L
I realize what you are saying, but I have a little guy at home that is questioning me constantly about who the kids are. He is very competitive, and loves this sport. He likes to size up his weekend by thinking over his competition, etc. He has always been very competitive, but is also a very good sport. I know that all the kids that have come this far are good, no matter what age, but nobody wants to say anything when someone questions about the 12U, 14U, or 16U. When somebody even makes a comment about the 6U or 8U, everyone is ready to remind us that "it's for the kids." I am the first to know this. Plain and simple, my 8 year old wants to know this information for himself.

Re: 8U 67 #4989 03/23/04 05:09 PM
twister Offline
Andrew Denning of Kaw Valley is very tough.

Twister

Re: 8U 67 #4990 03/23/04 06:35 PM
D
denning1 Offline
D
Twister

Thanks for the confidence in my son. Andrew has been wrestling very well as of late and I am very proud of him for reaching one of his goals in qualifying for state as this is the 1st year he has accomplished this. All of these kids should be proud for what they have already accomplished. One name that I was very surprised not to see in this bracket is T. Young from WWC. He was one of the toughest kids that Andrew wrestled this year and was handing Andrew one of his worst defeats of the year before the match was called as Andrew seperated his shoulder. Of the kids on the list I have seen who will be the one to beat is Jake Gehring from Team Lightning - very tough. Another would have to be Bryson Teufel of Arc City - as he was the winner at Salina. I've never seen Kade Sander from Great Bend but I've heard he is dynamite also. But at this age it really is wide open on any given day. Good luck to all. GO JAYHAWKS

Re: 8U 67 #4991 03/24/04 02:30 AM
L
OP Offline
L
Hey, Denning1, how is your son doing since the shoulder incident at Maize? I happened to be watching the match, and saw the move that injured your son. Haven't had the chance to follow up on this since then. By the way, as you probably know, T. Young (WWC) isn't in the list of state qualifiers because he competes competively in gymnastics, and at Maize his father said that he was ready to start that back up. I am assuming that is where he went to. He definitely would have been the favorite for state had he gone on. (just my opinion.) There are alot of others that will be in the running now though. I know it can go any way, depending on the kid, their attitude, and the overall day in general. Good luck to your son, and all of the others this weekend. See you in Topeka, fired up and ready to wrestle. And of course, loud voice in tow!

Re: 8U 67 #4992 03/24/04 09:18 PM
S
Sherri Young Offline
S
Loud&Proudmama, thanks for the kind words you said about Travis being a favorite at State (if he would of been wrestling) You are correct though, Travis did have a very hard decision to make this year concerning Wrestling or Gymnastics. It was a decision that was extremely tough decision that his dad and I left up to Travis to make. He loves to wrestle however, he wanted to venture out and try something new and different he chose gymnastics this year and we went last weekend to KC to the State meet and Travis took 1st All Around. Not bad for a first timer. However, next year he has already said he wants to wrestle again so watch out. Good Luck to WWC at State!

Re: 8U 67 #4993 03/25/04 03:11 AM
L
OP Offline
L
Sherry Young-
Your son is a very talented wrestler. He has been the toughtest kid that we have met the entire year. My son has yet to beat him this year, but each match against your son, has made my son a little bit better, stronger, and faster. Jake goes to many tournaments knowing that he will probably come up against your son. It makes him strive to be a better wrestler, and he's been working harder, in hopes that one day he might beat Travis. Only time will tell, I guess. Anyway, please tell Travis that we are sad that we won't see him at state, but that we wish him well with his gymnastics. I think that your son has the ability to be GREAT at anything he sets out to do. He's just one of those kids that has the drive to be the best! Again, good luck to Travis, and we'll see you guys next year.

Re: 8U 67 #4994 03/25/04 10:56 PM
K
kvpxyt Offline
K
I agree Adrew Denning is very tough. I have watched him wrestle a couple of kids from our club all year long. He should do well, good luck to all.

Hiawatha

Re: 8U 67 #4995 03/27/04 12:29 AM
N
not to be named6094 Offline
N
Tuefil should be # 1 kid and Tyler Watson got from the referee and should of won his Consti-semi match!

Re: 8U 67 #4996 03/29/04 01:42 PM
G
grammysmurf3 Offline
G
Way to go Jake! Great job well done!! I hope Payton gave you a tought match! Two terrific boys made it and two balls of fire lit up the floor. Congradulations to all the kids that made it to state--an accomplishment to remember a life time.

Re: 8U 67 #4997 03/30/04 03:52 AM
L
OP Offline
L
Thanks grammysmurf. We had a GREAT time at state. Jake wrestled awesome! I was so very proud of him. We both wanted to thank everyone that was there cheering for him, including grandparents, friends, teammates, and other wrestling clubs. Jake was given the opportunity to wrestle at state for the second year in a row, and was able to step up to the plate and hit a homerun. All the kids in his bracket were just great! I can't think of any one of the kids in his age and weight that didn't work just as hard as Jake did. They all wrestled their hearts out!! I wanted to yell it from the roof-tops when Jake won his last match. I was even more proud that he came off of the mat without celebrating his win in front of his opponent. I felt like this was a wonderful show of sportsmanship on his part. Peyton Vetter was very tough, and gave Jake a hard match. He's got alot going for him in the future. I understand that he is a second year wrestler. I think that the kids meeting him next year better look out! He'll be coming back with a vengance! I expect to see him in the state finals again next year, and would be surprised if he wasn't the 2005 state champ.
Thanks again to everyone that was there to show their support for Jake. The both of us really do appreciate it. Those that couldn't make it to Topeka, thanks for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. YEAH!!! I always knew Jake had it in him! (WOO, WOO, WOO!!!) *sorry just a little inside joke. (those that have watched Jake wrestle, and me cheer on the side, will know exactly what this means. Thanks for letting me brag!

Re: 8U 67 #4998 03/30/04 04:00 AM
G
grammysmurf3 Offline
G
loud&proudmama, You should be very proud and if it were me I would be screaming from the rooftops. BRAG, BRAG, BRAG, isn't that what parents and grandparents are suppose to do. In my eyes that is 100% support-don't you agree. (WOO,WOO,WOO!!!) Yes I do know exactly what that means. By the way my son is in Payton's class at school and I am sure he will here all about the final match from him when they go back on Wednesday.

Re: 8U 67 #4999 03/30/04 04:26 AM
L
OP Offline
L
grammysmurf...please let Payton know about the web page if he doesn't already. I would like for him to see what I have said about him. He really is a great wrestler, with alot of potential. I honestly do believe everything that I wrote previously.

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 344 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,977
Posts250,428
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)