Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
LOST SINGLET #90337 06/08/05 09:27 AM
Studz X 3 Offline OP
OP Offline
My son droppped a KS sinlet @ state in JC. If anyone knows who picked it up....PLEASE be a decent person & do the right thing & return it. It's got distinc
Code:

t markings from the dye. My son was very upset that noone was decent enough to turn it into the head table. But I guess that's how some people are!! A possible reward to the person that is willing to return it. If not, I hope you enjoy it & hopefully if you wear it you'll feel bad enough you can't concentrate on winning your match!Disappointed in KS!!!

LOST SINGLET
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 01/01/70 12:00 AM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Re: LOST SINGLET #90338 06/08/05 05:25 PM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline
A
I just want to know how do you lose a singlet? Did you not put it back in your bag or did it fall under the bleachers?

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!
Re: LOST SINGLET #90339 06/08/05 06:57 PM
Studz X 3 Offline OP
OP Offline
My son put it into his bag & didn't cinch it very well & it fell out. I think it happened when he went to get his medal, or as we were leaving. I'm not sure, we bought it @ the tourn.

Re: LOST SINGLET #90340 06/15/05 12:49 PM
M
MYBAD Offline
M
LETS BLAME KANSAS AND SAY EVERYONE IN THIS STATE INDECENT BECAUSE SOMEONES SON CANT HOLD ON TO A SINGLET HE HAD FOR LESS THAN A DAY!

Re: LOST SINGLET #90341 06/15/05 05:43 PM
L
L Grater Offline
L
It seems there are individuals in our State who are not "honest", because an honest person would have picked it up and turned it in at the Head Table.

My son had his portable DVD player taken from the head table at the State Tournament. I believe those individuals to be dishonest and have "sticky fingers"!

Sure hope whoever took the young man's singlet and Gavin's DVD player are enjoying them!!

Leanna

Re: LOST SINGLET #90342 06/15/05 06:58 PM
K
klint deere Offline
K
I agree that it is a sad state of affairs when stuff like this happens. We were at a major national tournament level tournament last year when we noticed two ladies in their 50's gathering up tornado head gear in a mesh bag. My son's went in their bag and i literally had to take it back out. They must have had 20 pair.

I work and live with at risk kids daily, many of whom have been deprived of basic needs and stole literally to live. It was modeled to them as right and my wife and i have to literally re-establish the norms in their life.

They were working the State tournament when Gavin lost his DVD player and knowing some of their backgrounds they were given a good close hard look. It comes with the territory and profession, but i have them account for every item in their possesion and i go through rooms, do inventories and question when something pops up out of place.

What i am trying to say is this; somebody knows who took these items--a parent or a friend who saw the new addition of a nice dvd player or a new singlet.

I preach everyday to my kids that if you hold yourself accountable then you have nothing to worry about. Mistakes and poor decisions take place daily, not admitted or dealing with those becomes a lifelong problem

Klint Deere

Re: LOST SINGLET #90343 06/15/05 06:59 PM
Studz X 3 Offline OP
OP Offline
I knew some replys wouldn't be very pleasant, but I thought I'd give it a shot! I didn't mean that evryone in KS is dishonest. I hope something like this never happens to you! I didn't expect to get it back...I just thought MAYBE...just MAYBE someone would be kind enough to say they picked it up. We only paid $20 for it cuz it was a little messed up. We did get a replacement @ southern plains tourn. So like Leanna said those people with sticky fingers...hopefully you'll get the same kind of treatment one of these days!! Besides...shame on the parents who encourage this kind of behavior!When my kids pick something up that they found, we make them turn it in to the head table!! This is the first time this had happened to my son...accidents do happen, he wasn't trying to be irresponsible & lose his singlet the first day! He is just a kid, believe me he's learned a valuable lesson on losing things & not being able to count on people to do the right thing!!

Re: LOST SINGLET #90344 06/15/05 08:39 PM
Mike Furches Offline
Studz and Leanna, truth is that many of us have learned the hard way about things getting stolen. I have lost cameras, shirts and other things at tournaments. It still eats at me. It is sad that you never got the items back and I hope that people would feel free to post things like this on the forums. I have a friend that lost her video camera last year and someone actually turned it back in. Unfortunately it is not as much a comment on those in Kansas as it is a comment on everywhere. I know for those going to any of the national tournaments that if they don't keep an eye on their items, someone will leave with less than they went with.

Moderated by  Coach T.Gonzales 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 246 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,979
Posts250,431
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)