Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Garden City Brackets and Results link [Re: Chief Renegade] #137563 01/31/09 11:33 PM
S
Shelstin Offline
S
Just got lucky!

Rick Cue
ExHC
Ulysses
Re: Garden City Brackets and Results link [Re: Shelstin] #137566 02/01/09 12:07 AM
S
SJA Wrestling Offline
S
Moeder wins 4-2

Re: Garden City Brackets and Results link [Re: SJA Wrestling] #137573 02/01/09 01:31 AM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
Who won HWT?

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: Garden City Brackets and Results link [Re: Chief Renegade] #137580 02/01/09 02:02 AM
Magnum811 Offline
Finney in OT

Re: Garden City Brackets and Results link [Re: Parker, CO] #137622 02/01/09 02:32 PM
Ryan Jilka Offline
Originally Posted By: Parker, CO
Originally Posted By: Ricky Bobby
1. Rio Rancho (NM) Rams 192.00
2. Roosevelt (CO) Rough Riders 163.00
3. Ponderosa (CO) Mustangs 124.50

Looks like the out of state teams are goin' to sweep the team trophies. It's too bad the other top teams like Goddard, Clay Center, Colby, Wichita Heights, Smith Center, Derby, Bishop Carroll, or Andover Central don’t attend this tournament…More specifically I wish Goddard hadn’t stopped going to Garden City.

Goddard stopped coming to protect their national ranking. It's not like they've got anywhere better to be. But if they come they'll get beat by unranked teams.

Seriously? You really think rankings mean that much? You've beat this dead horse for four years. I don't coach anymore, but I believe the reason Goddard doesn't go has more to do with budget and the fact that so many two day tournaments were taking a toll on the wellness of the wrestlers.

I'd say that you don't know Coach Means if you think he cares about rankings, but since you are not willing to post your name, maybe you do know him and it's personal. Ponderosa is a great team and probably deserves a national ranking, but you need to give the crying about Goddard a rest. Rankings mean nothing, much like anonymous posts.

"The days I can keep my gratitude higher than my expectations...those are good days" ~ Judy Hubbard
Re: Garden City Brackets and Results link [Re: By gone years] #137628 02/01/09 03:46 PM
D
dallasjr Offline
D
Couldn't have been put better!!!!

Re: Garden City Brackets and Results link [Re: Ryan Jilka] #137639 02/01/09 05:36 PM
P
Parker, CO Offline
P
Originally Posted By: Ryan Jilka
Originally Posted By: Ricky Bobby
1. Rio Rancho (NM) Rams 192.00

Looks like the out of state teams are goin' to sweep the team trophies. It's too bad the other top teams like Goddard, Clay Center, Colby, Wichita Heights, Smith Center, Derby, Bishop Carroll, or Andover Central don’t attend this tournament…More specifically I wish Goddard hadn’t stopped going to Garden City.

Goddard stopped coming to protect their national ranking. It's not like they've got anywhere better to be. But if they come they'll get beat by unranked teams.

Seriously? You really think rankings mean that much? You've beat this dead horse for four years. I don't coach anymore, but I believe the reason Goddard doesn't go has more to do with budget and the fact that so many two day tournaments were taking a toll on the wellness of the wrestlers.

I'd say that you don't know Coach Means if you think he cares about rankings, but since you are not willing to post your name, maybe you do know him and it's personal. Ponderosa is a great team and probably deserves a national ranking, but you need to give the crying about Goddard a rest. Rankings mean nothing, much like anonymous posts.

Well I think if I said my name it wouldn't ring any sort of bell with a single person in Kansas, so what's the difference?

The only two times Goddard came to this tournament they got stomped by unranked Ponderosa. Rather than drop out of the rankings, they contacted Bob Preusse (the guy who does the AWN rankings) to explain why they had lost so badly. I know because Bob Preusse told so. Then they just stopped coming to this tournament altogether.

Being ranked in the country should be a real honor for a team, and I hate seeing Goddard in the rankings when I know they don't belong and never have. They haven't beaten anyone and now avoid the best tournament in their state. How is that supposed to look? I can guarantee that someone in the program is still talking them up to Preusse though, otherwise he would have never heard of them. Why would he? They haven't beaten anyone and don't go to any high profile tourneys.

Edit: No, Ponderosa absolutely does not deserve a national ranking and that's not the point I'm trying to make.

Last edited by Parker, CO; 02/01/09 05:44 PM.
Re: Garden City Brackets and Results link [Re: Parker, CO] #137642 02/01/09 06:03 PM
C
Colby Crank 135 Offline
C
The KCI tournament Goddard goes to at the beginning of the year is a much tougher tournament than Garden City with many national ranked teams, so if all Goddard cared about was protecting their ranking why would they go there?

Re: Garden City Brackets and Results link [Re: Colby Crank 135] #137643 02/01/09 06:13 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
Parker is experiencing Goddard envy. With Ponderosa having 6 wrestlers under .500, he is feeling a bit defensive. Goddard would have had 5 finalists with at least 3 Champions. Their 40 pounder was owned by Caldwell in 07 and there is no wrestler on their team that deserves a ranking higher than Caldwell or Beard. I know he was discounting his Ponderosa team but to make the point, Goddard would beat them 12 weights out of 14 in a dual. I think that phone conversation with Bob Preusse didn't go quite the way you think Parker.

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: Garden City Brackets and Results link [Re: Chief Renegade] #137671 02/01/09 08:59 PM
Cokeley Offline
Who was OW????

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: Garden City Brackets and Results link [Re: Cokeley] #137680 02/01/09 09:45 PM
jdoll Offline
Louis Trujillo

"Risk everything, fear nothing, leave NO REGRETS."
Re: Garden City Brackets and Results link [Re: Parker, CO] #137826 02/03/09 12:30 AM
Ryan Jilka Offline
Originally Posted By: Ryan Jilka
[quote=Ricky Bobby]1. Rio Rancho (NM) Rams 192.00

Well I think if I said my name it wouldn't ring any sort of bell with a single person in Kansas, so what's the difference?

The only two times Goddard came to this tournament they got stomped by unranked Ponderosa. Rather than drop out of the rankings, they contacted Bob Preusse (the guy who does the AWN rankings) to explain why they had lost so badly. I know because Bob Preusse told so. Then they just stopped coming to this tournament altogether.

Being ranked in the country should be a real honor for a team, and I hate seeing Goddard in the rankings when I know they don't belong and never have. They haven't beaten anyone and now avoid the best tournament in their state. How is that supposed to look? I can guarantee that someone in the program is still talking them up to Preusse though, otherwise he would have never heard of them. Why would he? They haven't beaten anyone and don't go to any high profile tourneys.

Edit: No, Ponderosa absolutely does not deserve a national ranking and that's not the point I'm trying to make. [/quote

I hate that I've been drawn into this, but you are wrong about a few things here. You see, Parker, I was the coach of Goddard the first year that Ponderosa whooped us. Let me give you some history. The first tournament of the year we beat then #7 ranked Bishop Lynch. They did not have all of their guns at the tournament, but after the tournament Bob Pruess ranked Goddard. No phone calls were made, but I did get an e-mail asking about the team after the ranking. I did not lobby for any ranking, but I did give him info on some of our kids. That was the last contact I remember having until after the season ended. I did give him information on what was coming back the next year and he must have thought that they deserved some respect. If you're so tight with Preuss, you tell me why he would rank us. I don't know the man, but I imagine he had a reason.

As for getting whooped...yep, Ponderosa beat us. Did we have some of our guys sick or injured? Just two that I recall, but Ponderosa may have been depleted too. You see, they were better than us. We don't make excuses or cry on the internet over stuff that is out of our control. I don't like to see our student-athletes and school being attacked by someone that is not dignified enough to put his name on the board. I won't argue that Goddard deserved/deserves a national ranking, because it means very little. I will dispute your "facts" though. As stated earlier, Goddard wrestles in the Toshiba in KC. They also see great competition in several other tournaments. We have two DI signees and a DII signee and a bunch of other great kids that wrestle hard all of the time. Why don't you contact me personally if you would like more information.

Last edited by Ryan Jilka; 02/03/09 12:33 AM.

"The days I can keep my gratitude higher than my expectations...those are good days" ~ Judy Hubbard
Re: Garden City Brackets and Results link [Re: Ryan Jilka] #137852 02/03/09 01:40 PM
M
matrix Offline
M
were are the national team rankings at?

Re: Garden City Brackets and Results link [Re: matrix] #137855 02/03/09 02:05 PM
jojo Offline
Amateur Wrestling News online

Kevin P. Kriss
Re: Garden City Brackets and Results link [Re: jojo] #137881 02/03/09 04:26 PM
X
XGHSWC Offline
X
The whole idea that Goddard needs to be defended on this forum is Rtardid. Goddard has nothing to prove, they already have proved it. They easily bested Oklahoma 6A top 5 powers Stillwater and Yukon at the Ark City tournament. They were 6th at the Nationally recognized KC National Classic barely finishing behind top Oklahoma team Ponca City. Although they did place behind Missouri power Blue Springs at KC, they did best them the previous week in a dual. They are obviously not scared of high quality competition. If they were trying to "protect their ranking" they would not have gone to KC. They also attend Basehor which is no slouch and has Iowa and Missouri teams. Noone needs to call AWN, as Bob is always watching. This is not the first time that Goddard has been nationally ranked either and it should be no suprise that they are ranked now inspite of there absence at Garden City. I can guarantee one thing for sure and that is that Goddard is not concerned with national rankings. They are only concerned with high quality competition that gets them ready for the 6A state tournament. That is why they have one of the toughest schedules in the state, inspite of the fact that they do not go to Garden City.

Re: Garden City Brackets and Results link [Re: XGHSWC] #137909 02/03/09 06:10 PM
H
HaysHighArnhold Offline
H
I wrestled this weekend at GC and was wondering where Jace Banner of GC was? Does he not wrestle anymore. I was just curious.

Only The Tribe Survive!
Re: Garden City Brackets and Results link [Re: HaysHighArnhold] #137931 02/03/09 08:45 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline
H
Originally Posted By: HaysHighArnhold
I wrestled this weekend at GC and was wondering where Jace Banner of GC was? Does he not wrestle anymore. I was just curious.

I thought I saw his name a few weeks ago listed in the tournament results for a KC tournament with his school listed as Van Horn High School.

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 419 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,979
Posts250,431
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)