Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nathan Furches, Please Hellp, Emergency, Missing #144323 03/20/09 03:19 PM
Mike Furches Offline OP
OP Offline
It is with reluctance that I am making this post but feel it is important that I do so. Over the past many things have been said about our son, and us, and it is time to ask this group of people for help, we have communicated that need to others recently, in the past some have offered, others have ignored. The truth is, our son has been in trouble in the past, some of it I am confident was his fault, other things were not. The gossip and things that have been said have not helped. Currently our son is missing, as we have no idea where he is and he missed an important meeting this morning with family and the district attorney’s office. The consequences of that meeting with the district attorneys office will not be positive; our concern for our son’s health is of primary concern though. Nathan has major depression and has been off of his medications for some time. In fact, he has a history of suicide threats, with a plan of action. His mother and I, and I know many in the wrestling community love Nathan, but Nathan has been around some people who are not being a good influence on him. Anyone wanting more information please contact us via email or phone. I have always been open to sharing the details on a need to know basis as there was a need to regarding the putdowns by some, with little or no concern for our son and/or others, and the false things that were said in the past, all of those things contributing to the downward spiral of our son. Right now, after missing a very important meeting with the courts this morning, and after not seeing him over the last week, we are very concerned as was his diversion officer. It is imperative that people who know Nathan encourage him to do what is right. Understand the seriousness of the situation, not just from a legal perspective, but from a mental health perspective. For anyone having information as to his whereabouts, please notify us. Nathan did have a cell without our knowledge, he is refusing to answer any calls from us or the courts, maybe he will from you. Nathan’s cell number is 316-208-4132, our home number is 620-545-7029. We appreciate and covet more than you will know your prayers.

Re: Nathan Furches, Please Hellp, Emergency, Missing [Re: Mike Furches] #144332 03/20/09 04:48 PM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
Mike,

So sorry to hear this news. I will be in prayer for you and your whole family. I'll call Nathan's cell and if I can get anything - i'll let you know ASAP.

Dean Welsh

D. Dean Welsh, Junction City
***Dean plays well with others!!! ;-)
Re: Nathan Furches, Please Hellp, Emergency, Missing [Re: Dean Welsh] #144334 03/20/09 05:25 PM
church Offline
Nathan was in my wrestling room yesterday 3/19/2009 around 5:30 (during senior national practice). He was with another young man and two girls. One was blonde I remember. He did make a comment that he was living with her now. He said he was going to be back today for practice at 12:00 but did not show. He also thought the Senior Classis was today and acted like he was headed there and was shocked when I told him it was next Friday. Hope this helps.

Church

Last edited by church; 03/20/09 05:26 PM.

Michael Church
Advocare Distribution # 09051425
Re: Nathan Furches, Please Hellp, Emergency, Missing [Re: church] #144336 03/20/09 05:48 PM
Mike Furches Offline OP
OP Offline
The prayers are working, Nathan just called, first time in a week, he still has a lot to work on, and more that can happen, but I don't know if it is too late with the courts. Keep praying. Thanks for the PM's, phone calls and texts to Nathan. Keep them all up.

Re: Nathan Furches, Please Hellp, Emergency, Missing [Re: Mike Furches] #144339 03/20/09 06:00 PM
C
CoachEd Offline
C
Great News...we will continue to pray.

The Edisons

Re: Nathan Furches, Please Hellp, Emergency, Missing [Re: CoachEd] #144350 03/20/09 08:35 PM
new2wrestling Offline
My prayers are with you.

Re: Nathan Furches, Please Hellp, Emergency, Missing [Re: new2wrestling] #144351 03/20/09 08:47 PM
V
VQ09 Offline
V
Mine, too. I don't know you or your family, but my heart goes out to you all.

Re: Nathan Furches, Please Hellp, Emergency, Missing [Re: Mike Furches] #144378 03/21/09 03:56 AM
S
shipmanm Offline
S
Mike, our prayers are go out to you and your family. We have all experienced the consequences of poor choices. Especially when we were young. I have visited with you off-line before and wanted to let you know that our prayers are going out for your family, for wisdom, & for understanding. Thanks for sharing.

Re: Nathan Furches, Please Hellp, Emergency, Missing [Re: shipmanm] #144380 03/21/09 11:47 AM
Mike Furches Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks again to all, here is a brief update, we have heard from Nathan, but not all good, in fact, some bad. I really appreciate all of the calls, emails and so forth. As of about 11 PM last night we had heard from hundreds of people across the globe as we sent out our concerns via ministry newsletter. I heard from many here through USAWKS, I can't tell you how much that means to our family. Your offers of prayer and a willingness to contact Nathan were outstanding. We had 2 phone batteries go dead yesterday because we were on the phone so much. I have a lot to fill folks in on, as well as the right steps to take if communicating with Nathan, I encourage you to PM me here, or to send me an email at mike@furches.org to get that information. It will help others know how to talk to Nathan as it gives a little more detail of things we know, and have found out.

Re: Nathan Furches, Please Hellp, Emergency, Missing [Re: Mike Furches] #144411 03/22/09 02:22 AM
BLT Offline
Mike
When I spoke to you last night about the convesation that I had with Nathan you said you were going to update the fourm. You might want to update the kids fourm as well. That is where I originally saw this post.
Again, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Re: Nathan Furches, Please Hellp, Emergency, Missing [Re: BLT] #144423 03/22/09 04:03 AM
Mike Furches Offline OP
OP Offline
will do

Re: Nathan Furches, Please Hellp, Emergency, Missing [Re: BLT] #144533 03/23/09 11:14 AM
Mike Furches Offline OP
OP Offline
After today, there was a deadline given by the courts to be met by this morning that wasn't met, there is little else that can be done outside of the court systems. His mother and I will advocate for tough love in this situation, after working for all of these years with kids and adults in tough and often legal situations we have learned that sometimes the best way for one to learn they need to move up, is to hit bottom. That does not negate love, in fact, we have learned that tough love is not only tough on the individual, it is tough on the person rendering it. I do have additional points of contacts, numbers and so forth. I will provide those to people upon request. We appreciate all that people have done I could name so many names, I would ask that people maintain contacts to the numbers you have, and get the additional numbers via request. Just send the pm for information or email me at mike@furches.org . Thanks again for all of the support that has been offered to Nathan, we know for a fact that he was getting it, but did not receive it, in fact, he chose to either not listen or contact many who have made efforts. That does not negate the need to continue to encourage him to do what is right, and to take care of himself.

Re: Nathan Furches, Please Hellp, Emergency, Missing [Re: Mike Furches] #144939 03/25/09 03:33 PM
C
cc&djmom Offline
C
I'm so sorry this has happen to you and MaryJane. You are wonderful people and have done what you can! If you need anything or if MaryJane needs to talk she is welcome to call me. After this weekend is over I will definately come by!

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 323 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,979
Posts250,431
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)