Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Baker Open [Re: Enetophobic] #174551 11/09/10 02:26 AM
C
Campbell Offline
C
Started at 9 a.m. Colby got home at 630 am.

Re: Baker Open [Re: Campbell] #174568 11/09/10 12:47 PM
Enetophobic Offline
Originally Posted By: Campbell
Started at 9 a.m. Colby got home at 630 am.

Colby isn't too close to anything though, I would bank that they probably get home pretty early in the mornings from every tournament (except FHSU maybe?) Was that the reason they boycotted Kansas Cup last year and are going this year, or was last year a coaching issue, and now NWTECH will not show?

Enlighten Me!
Re: Baker Open [Re: Enetophobic] #174593 11/09/10 03:28 PM
D
Dylan Campbell Offline
D
They'll be at the Kansas Cup.

It was a late tournament but there was some good wrestling. I didn't see a place where they could have put any more mats but it was definetly needed. I don't think the quarters got over until about 6:30. That said the tournament was run pretty well, it's just hard to wrestle 32 man brackets on four mats and not get done a little late.

Dylan Campbell
Oakley, KS
dylan.cia@hotmail.com
Re: Baker Open [Re: Dylan Campbell] #174595 11/09/10 04:12 PM
ROBERT M. GONZALES Offline
Baker University put four mats down and their was no more space. No Hallway,commons area or balcony.No other space available. Good Tournament. My concern was the safety of the athletes. Several serious injurys and I hope the Bacone College and University of Texas athletes are OK. R.Wilkinson of FHSU had Purple and Black Eye swollen. Mick I mean Coach Beck was going to lance the eye. The Texas Coach started an IV on his athlete with the broken leg. The tournament started on time 9 a.m. the last bouts finished at 11:30 p.m. (300 Bouts) looking at the brackets. This meet need a large venue if going to invite the other schools. I was looking forward to seeing Coach Vest and Coach Rollins of Mid Land Luthern. I did talk with Coach Peterson about putting on a college tournament at the Expo in Topeka and he said the key is selecting the correct date/weekend. I put on a MS tournament with 433 wrestlers on six mats 1-1-1. started 9 a.m. - out by 5:30 p.m. Enteophobic. I know it was a long trip for many schools/familys going home. I got the feeling that Colby and NW Tech will return. I work the table at Univ. Of Missouri and I have been to UNO it is the same issue, going home. Baker University will run a better tournament in the future. I am just Happy we can watch College wrestling 40 miles from my home in Topeka. RMG

RMG
Re: Baker Open [Re: ROBERT M. GONZALES] #174600 11/09/10 06:00 PM
Enetophobic Offline
Originally Posted By: ROBERT M. GONZALES
Baker University put four mats down and their was no more space. No Hallway,commons area or balcony.No other space available. Good Tournament. My concern was the safety of the athletes. Several serious injurys and I hope the Bacone College and University of Texas athletes are OK. R.Wilkinson of FHSU had Purple and Black Eye swollen. Mick I mean Coach Beck was going to lance the eye. The Texas Coach started an IV on his athlete with the broken leg. The tournament started on time 9 a.m. the last bouts finished at 11:30 p.m. (300 Bouts) looking at the brackets. This meet need a large venue if going to invite the other schools. I was looking forward to seeing Coach Vest and Coach Rollins of Mid Land Luthern. I did talk with Coach Peterson about putting on a college tournament at the Expo in Topeka and he said the key is selecting the correct date/weekend. I put on a MS tournament with 433 wrestlers on six mats 1-1-1. started 9 a.m. - out by 5:30 p.m. Enteophobic. I know it was a long trip for many schools/familys going home. I got the feeling that Colby and NW Tech will return. I work the table at Univ. Of Missouri and I have been to UNO it is the same issue, going home. Baker University will run a better tournament in the future. I am just Happy we can watch College wrestling 40 miles from my home in Topeka. RMG

Coach are you commuting from Topeka to Manhattan?! How long of a haul is that? Wonder how many coaches make similiar or longer hauls to coach?

Enlighten Me!
Re: Baker Open [Re: ROBERT M. GONZALES] #174601 11/09/10 06:02 PM
L
LancerLou Offline
L
Why was safety a concern? Was it too crowded with mats too close together or something else?

Lou Ann Baker

Re: Baker Open [Re: LancerLou] #174609 11/09/10 06:45 PM
ROBERT M. GONZALES Offline
Safety was the south wall and unless a offical or coach was in position the men would run into the Bleachers. On the North end the mats were 10 inches from the bleachers. Injury s are part of the our sport. But the Black and Orange mat had more then its share of injury. I know Ms.Gonzales,Ms.Dozier& Ms. Floyd did not want their sons on that mat!. It was really fun to sit and talk with the Parents of these men and get to know them. A large of group of Pittsburg High School parents were on hand behind us. Coach Enetophobic you have made some great post this year. You must have a good job. It is hard to find time to be on the forum. I commute since last August. I thought I was going to retire offically. So we purchased a home next to Berkshire Golf Course in the Washburn Rural School District. Now I have to WORK. I commute March to Sept. 54 miles one way. I stay with a good friend on the nights it is necessary.I have a good position and love Coaching Wrestling and Sophomore level football. We just added another Coach in Shawn Bammes former MHS SC and wrestled for LCCC and FHSU. I have been forunate. RMG

RMG
Re: Baker Open [Re: ROBERT M. GONZALES] #174619 11/09/10 10:30 PM
Enetophobic Offline
Originally Posted By: ROBERT M. GONZALES
Safety was the south wall and unless a offical or coach was in position the men would run into the Bleachers. On the North end the mats were 10 inches from the bleachers. Injury s are part of the our sport. But the Black and Orange mat had more then its share of injury. I know Ms.Gonzales,Ms.Dozier& Ms. Floyd did not want their sons on that mat!. It was really fun to sit and talk with the Parents of these men and get to know them. A large of group of Pittsburg High School parents were on hand behind us. Coach Enetophobic you have made some great post this year. You must have a good job. It is hard to find time to be on the forum. I commute since last August. I thought I was going to retire offically. So we purchased a home next to Berkshire Golf Course in the Washburn Rural School District. Now I have to WORK. I commute March to Sept. 54 miles one way. I stay with a good friend on the nights it is necessary.I have a good position and love Coaching Wrestling and Sophomore level football. We just added another Coach in Shawn Bammes former MHS SC and wrestled for LCCC and FHSU. I have been forunate. RMG

Sounds like it! My job isn't too shabby. I usually am just a podunk journalist in the military. Seen the world and have missed the bullets. Very very blessed on my end. I fell in love with Kansas when I was stationed in Ft. Riley many years ago as my first duty station. I kept up with wrestling and always had been eyes on these forums, but never a voice on the forums. Now that I post on here it is kind of addicting...just as long as I get my work done while on the clock and don't get busted by the staff sergeant! The worse thing though is time difference...I tried staying up to see brackets being updated live and almost missed PT due to only having about hour and half of shut eye.

Enlighten Me!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RichardDSalyer 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 419 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,979
Posts250,431
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)