Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Who is Ryan Herrman? #39741 04/01/02 03:15 PM
D
Dean Welsh Offline OP
OP Offline
D
He must be a stud if he beat Johnson. Anyone know the score of the match below?

16 / 150 … 1st … Ryan Herrman, SW Grapplers
16 / 150 … 2nd … Eric Johnson, Norton

D. Dean Welsh, Junction City
***Dean plays well with others!!! ;-)
Re: Who is Ryan Herrman? #39742 04/01/02 05:00 PM
Nigel Isom Offline
He didn't beat Eric Johnson, Eric injury defaulted to him becuase he tore something in his knee in his match with Thomas Rhodes. In fact I don't think very highly of Herrman at all he is a cheap, wrestler who does nothing but stall the entire match. He never took one shot in all three of his matches becuase I watched them all. He should have never of been in the finals in the first place. Johnson beat him the week before at District and Herrrman didn't earn the state title.

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: Who is Ryan Herrman? #39743 04/01/02 05:07 PM
G
GC_WRESTLING Offline
G
He didn't earn his title?!?!?!?! He did take a few shots, but he never does take too many shots, that's just how he wrestles. In his first match He took that kid from rose hill down i think 3 or 4 times, In his match w/ taplin, Taplin didn't take too many shots either. In his last match he just couldn't get in on any shots because of how long the kid was, and the other kid didn't take any shots either. Sure johnson is a better wrestler, i'll give u that, but herrman worked his butt off to get into the finals this weekend, so don't sit there and say that he is a cheap wrestler, when in all actuality u have NO IDEA!

Re: Who is Ryan Herrman? #39744 04/01/02 08:50 PM
Nigel Isom Offline
Actually I do know becuase I am a coach and I was standing match side watching the match and I caoched Ross in his match against Herrman and the kid just plained stalled, hands down, I have been in wrestling for a long time and I know stalling when I see it and this kid did nothing but stall. Johnson would have handled him in the finals had he not gotten hurt. And no he did not shoot becuase like I said I watched everyone of his matches. If he wasn;t stalling then why did two of his matches go into Double OT? Becuase he stalled through the first period of both matches then he stalled through the first OT of both matches. I have no respect for wrestlers like this and it is unforntunate that Eric got hurt becuase I would have enjoyed watching him tear Herrman up again.

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: Who is Ryan Herrman? #39745 04/01/02 09:21 PM
T
theconnector Offline
T
Johnson beat herman pretty bad the week before.

Re: Who is Ryan Herrman? #39746 04/01/02 11:01 PM
G
GC_WRESTLING Offline
G
There's been a lot of ppl complaining about bad sportsmanship....and ur the coach that's supposed to act like the "adult" and set a good example, nice example "coach"...I agree Johnson did beat herrman by i think 6 points in district, johnson is real tough, we all know that he probly would have beat herrman again.....but still herrman beat ur kid, so let's just quit whining!

Re: Who is Ryan Herrman? #39747 04/01/02 11:04 PM
R
Ruffinit Offline
R
Nigel- If you are a coach, and you say you are, maybe you should quit complaining about the stalling calls and teach you wrestlers to get up off of the botton, or finish their shots, or set up their shots...the time would be much better spent.

Re: Who is Ryan Herrman? #39748 04/02/02 01:44 AM
G
GC_WRESTLING Offline
G
Oh yeah, by the way....Even Taplin's dad came up to where my family was sitting and asked who Herrman was, and said himself that herrman was a good wrestler, and put a good match on his son. So if his own father would say something like that, I don't think that it's ur place to complain.

Re: Who is Ryan Herrman? #39749 04/02/02 02:03 AM
G
GC_Grappler Offline
G
First thing Herman is a staller, but in his first round match against the kid from rose hill he dominated that kid. he took him down three times, turned him for a 2 count, and reversed him, and escaped from him. He did beat taplin, yea he stalled a little bit, but a win is a win so get off hermans back. He knows Johnson handed him his finals match he also knows Johnson probably would have beat him, but in all actuality he still made it to finals didnt he? He still beat Taplin right?Thought so!

Re: Who is Ryan Herrman? #39750 04/02/02 02:12 AM
G
GC_Grappler Offline
G
OH "Coach" if you would have really watched all his matches you would've known he took his first round opponent down, you probably also should've picked up that he stalls a little bit, and with that you would have taught your kid (Taplin)how to avoid it an still beat herman. Looks like the match is a direct reflection of you an your program. Herman beat him an wrestled his butt off to get to finals, and he knows the about the other factor that let him take 1st. But he still beat you kid "coach"

Re: Who is Ryan Herrman? #39751 04/02/02 02:39 AM
S
skabeenie Offline
S
I love hearing coaches CRY!!! I duno who Herrman is but he must be better than Taplin if he beat him! Great job at state Guys,sorry your coach is like this!

Re: Who is Ryan Herrman? #39752 04/02/02 02:46 PM
321a Wrestler Offline
I know that Ryan Herman is not even in the same leauge as Johnson, Pyle or Drennan. It costed a kid from plainville a chance at winning state this year when the official had called him for stahling and then later had to take his call back. And Rath lost because of that 2 weeks in a row.

Re: Who is Ryan Herrman? #39753 04/02/02 05:21 PM
T
tbone Offline
T
If the ref doesn't call stalling I don't blame him for stalling. I am a wrestler and I love stalling and keeping the score low. I'm an average wrestler and it got me 4th in the state at 140. If they don't call stalling its not stalling. Its just part of the game.

Re: Who is Ryan Herrman? #39754 04/02/02 05:21 PM
Nigel Isom Offline
Im not crying becuase he beat our kid, in fact I never recall mentioning Herrman beating Ross in one of my posts, Im not concerned with Herrman beating Ross, Ross lost that match becuase his head was not in the right place and I told him before he even went out there that if he wanted to win he was going to have to force the action and he didn't so he lost, case in point. My comments stemmed from the fact that someone said What a great job Herrman did in winning the state tournament ... Which he didn't it was handed to him on more than one occasion. This will be my last post on the subject becuase it is over and done with, and nothing is going to get solved arguring over it. And also just becuase one of our kids got beat that doesn't mean it is becuase I or any of the other coaches made him. A wrestler who loses a match can only blame himself, Ross was only in our practice room for 3 weeks, he does not reflect on our program, But hey if you want to look at it that way consider this Our Club finished 12 amoung all teams which is better than SW Grapplers finsih by 11 places and 20 some points so whos the better club? Garden City certainly didn't finish higher than us. Our team finished higher than we ever have in the past with more placers than we have ever had, even when our 2x high school state championship teams were wrestling in kids. THis being my first year of coaching kids. Do I take credit for our program becoming this good ... NO! becuase it is ultimiatly the wrestlers who decide this.

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: Who is Ryan Herrman? #39755 04/03/02 12:21 AM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline
A
[Ross was only in our practice room for 3 weeks, he does not reflect on our program,[/QB][/QUOTE]

I just love that quote it almost makes it sound like he was never at the high school level practicing all this time, and came out of hiding for 3 weeks. At least his weight was still down pretty well.

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!
Re: Who is Ryan Herrman? #39756 04/03/02 04:27 PM
Nigel Isom Offline
Let me rephrase that just for you Aaron, I know coming out of chapman that you might have trouble with words (Wink, wink!) What I meant to say was that Ross only practices with our kids program for three weeks which is a total of 6 practices. And actually since it was so late into the season all we really did is wrestle live anyway. So what I meant was that we did not teach him to wrestle the way the way he does, so it was not a great comment for someone to make saying that he lost becuase of our coaching. He Aaron, if you see Silvis ask him if he wants me to come down and practice with him a few times this summer!

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS
Re: Who is Ryan Herrman? #39757 04/03/02 11:44 PM
D
district 1 Offline
D
Whether the championship was handed to Ryan or not he still won. It is not his fault that Johnson got hurt and the kids he wrestled stalled as much as he did so you can't blame hime for that. Also in double over time all you have to do is ride your opponent out. Why try any moves when that could risk your opponent escaping or a reversal? He did what he had to do to win which is what an other wresler would do. So don't blame him or talk bad about his wrestling because he made it to where he did and he would have wreslted his toughest in the finals if he had a chance but he didn't, so quit talking bad on him for getting the state title handed to him. It wasn't his choice.

Re: Who is Ryan Herrman? #39758 04/04/02 12:13 AM
321a Wrestler Offline
So are you saying we should blame the official for making the rite call and then raising Rath's hand and then later taking the call back putting. But Shlept the referee made the rite call he was forced to change it by the head reff. Its terrible to do that.

Re: Who is Ryan Herrman? #39759 04/04/02 03:31 AM
D
district 1 Offline
D
The ref in charge of that match was a sorry ref anyway. I personally saw him have to go to other refs to find out if the call he made was right several other times in other matches. I think that the head ref would know a lot more about what call to make than that one or you or any other person, that's his job and why are still b****ing about something that is already said and done with anyway. There is nothing you can do about it so get over it.

Re: Who is Ryan Herrman? #39760 04/04/02 04:20 AM
Mike Juby Offline
I've read some criticism of the head official's action in overruling a stalling call during the Kids State Tournament. I thought I might explain what I understand was the reason that the mat official's call was overturned.

The match had gone into the tiebreaker (double-overtime) when the official called the offensive wrestler for stalling. The rulebook states the following:
Quote:
... as long as the offensive wrestler is in a controlled wrestling situation, he should not be called for stalling. However, if the offensive wrestler immediately grasps an ankle and is simply hanging on this is not controlled wrestling. In this situation the official should call a stalemate, stop the match and return to the center of the mat. If the offensive wrestler continued this maneuver he should be called for stalling.
Because the official had not made the initial call of stalemate, it was determined that he had not properly applied the rule for assessing a stalling penalty. Prior to the tiebreaker, the call would have been strictly a judgment call by the official, but the criteria changes during the tiebreaker.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Derek Patterson), 367 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,977
Posts250,428
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)