This is just a friendly reminder than next weekend (October 24 & 24th) the USA Maccabiah Wrestling National Team Trials are being held in Beachwood, Ohio (15 miles east of Cleveland). The winner of each weight class will be guaranteed a roster spot on United States National Team which will compete in Israel next summer.

The World Maccabiah Games are the 3rd largest International Games behind the Olympics and Pan Am. The Games are every 4 years and follow the Olympic (wrestling) year. These games are held in Israel and are unique in that they are only for Jewish athletes. We are trying to get in contact with the best Jewish wrestlers in the country and would appreciate it if you could pass on the information to all Jewish wrestlers it would be appreciated.

This is an open division therefore; high school, college and post college wrestlers can compete in the trials. This is really an incredible event that only comes around once every four years.

Weigh-ins are next Saturday, October 23rd (from 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm). We are giving a 1 Kg weight allowance. On Sunday October 24th at 9:00 am wrestling will begin. I am anticipating that we will be done with the tournament no later than 3:00 pm. This will be the first tournament in the United States using the new freestyle rules. Moreover, this event is permitted under NCAA rules. The Games are both FILA and USA wrestling sanctioned and will be conducted in accordance with their policies.

If you know of an interested Jewish wrestler please have him contact me via email atRPeters142@sbcglobal.net as soon as possible or they can call me at 216-291-6661. I will be happy to answer any question that they have.

There is an online application form that needs to be filled out. Please visit: https://www.infosnap.com/MUSA/default.asp?action=1 to fill out the application.

Thank you for your help with this matter and best of luck this season

Sincerely,

Ryan Peters - Wrestling Co-Chair,Maccabi USA/Sports for Israel