Smokeycabin says " I also talked to several college recruiters this year about the Kansas format and they absolutely hate 3 now maybe 4 different locations next year."

I served as the Jr. National Director for a number of years and worked with many college coaches to get Kansas wrestlers Div. I Scholarships. Wrestlers like: Joe Johnston(Iowa), Zach Roberson (ISU), Shawn Bunch (Edinboro), Bo Maynes (OU), Justin Dyer (OU), Matt Murray (Neb.), Jacob Klein (Neb.) just to name a few.
Most of the Div. I coaches do not want to see the kids at the State Tourn. They would much rather see them compete against the National Level, such as: Cadet and Jr. Nationals. Cadet and Jr. Duals. High School Nationals (now open to Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors).
To say that the Kansas High School State Tournaments should not go to several different locations because the college coaches do not like it, is in my opinion not a valid arguement. That is like saying college coaches will not recruit Kansas Football, Basketball, or volleyball players because their state tournaments are mostly at different locations. College coaches will find the best athletes, espcially if the ones that want to wrestle in college go to the National Tournaments.
Bill Johnson-Norton High School