Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: Coach Knox 61] #145793 03/30/09 11:15 PM
BLT Offline
No its not the same! Its self induced!
Its like trying to call in sick to work because you have a hangover. Your not ill! You did this to yourself because of your actions!

Alot of people cheer against you because they see/know/heard how members of your club have treated sooo many other people.

This whole you vs. everyone else is self induced and that will change once you change!

Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: BLT] #145794 03/30/09 11:21 PM
Cece Tanner Offline
I just wanna say to Deucesmom, just ignore what Bently says since her son spit on the mat at district when he lost and the parents got mad a tthe coaches of their club which is why the club took away their privilege to be matside at state so she is just a blow hard that thinks she knows it all and many peple have left that club due to her and her husbands big mouths!!! And as far as the hard knox issue well i have a reason not to like them after hutch tournament 2 years ago but coach know did show total class on this issue so hey i will let bygones be bygones and let it all go!!! and go one step further and say you have a hell of a program and if we were closer i would be honored for you to teach my son!!!!!

Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: Bronco Wrestler] #145795 03/30/09 11:23 PM
J
John Johnson Offline
J
Charlie, this don't debate why it happens, but how to stop it, that is what I thought you were asking for with your opening post. And, to Alex, whole sections did not cheer against Paola when they won, what was it, 3 state team championships. And, the last thing a discussion like this needs is a cheerleader!!! I have voiced my opinion and hope to see everyone at Brute this weekend.

Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: BLT] #145799 03/30/09 11:40 PM
C
Coach Knox 61 Offline
C
But if I call in sick and the boss jumps to the conclusion that I have an hangover and it's really the boss is spreading me the sickness. Case and point after we won a match a table worker yells to the coaches "Idiots come sign your sheet". The U vs EVERYONE was not deserved. (what happened afterwards was reprimanded)

Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: Coach Knox 61] #145801 03/30/09 11:45 PM
C
Coach Knox 61 Offline
C
John give some solutions. Will be in Iowa this week. But hope to see you at FS/GR.

Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: Coach Knox 61] #145804 03/31/09 12:01 AM
C
Coach Knox 61 Offline
C
BLT, remember if your criticizing, make sure you are not doing it yourself. Do I need to bring up the Park City Classic?

Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: Coach Knox 61] #145810 03/31/09 12:38 AM
J
Jordons mom Offline
J
Coach Knox,
I admire everything guys do for your boys, it goes so far beyond wrestling, So many people have no clue just how much you guys do for these kids. My son loves to watch every one of your boys wrestle, and was so excited when seandale was in his weight class this year, it has been a pleasure and honor to have my son wrestle your boys. Keep it up, I think you guys are wonderful. Look forward to seeing you guys next year.

Michelle Bellesine

"ALMOST DOESN'T COUNT"
Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: Coach Knox 61] #145811 03/31/09 12:39 AM
C
Curtis Chenoweth Offline
C
Originally Posted By: Coach Knox 61
But if I call in sick and the boss jumps to the conclusion that I have an hangover and it's really the boss is spreading me the sickness. Case and point after we won a match a table worker yells to the coaches "Idiots come sign your sheet". The U vs EVERYONE was not deserved. (what happened afterwards was reprimanded)

This is one of the things that drives me nuts. People talk all this crap about Hard Knox and how terrible they are, only to go on later and antagonize them, resulting in more bad situations. If everybody leaves them alone then they won't react.
Also, this isn't something new! This has been going on for years and years. I still remember when Michael Bradley beat Shawn Bunch in the state finals years ago and half of the arena booed him. Unfortunately I don't see this changing any time soon. Every sport needs that bad guy that people love to cheer against. Luckily Coach Knox knows how use that as fuel and get his kids thriving off of it and not let it affect them.

Curtis Chenoweth
Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: Jordons mom] #145812 03/31/09 12:41 AM
C
Coach Knox 61 Offline
C
Thank you!

Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: Coach Knox 61] #145822 03/31/09 01:07 AM
B
birddog Offline
B
Coach Knox
I can and do respect good athletes - and your team does produce good athletes - In regards to all the comments that are being made - A quote from the movie "Remember the Titans" comes to mind....~Attitude reflects leadership~...and another statement that might be thought provoking, is....Leadership is not a position, it is an ACTION. TOHK is "your" club and ultimately it reflects YOU. Could it be the way your supporters and subordinates express themselves that cause TOHK such controversy? It appears that you are spending a lot of your energy to bring out the best in the youth that are under your direction. However, there are those that represent & support TOHK that allow their actions to speak diffently than what you appear to be trying to achieve. Then again .......maybe ... "Controversy and Attention" is what TOHK seeks. If so......excuse me for commenting, I will say this...I am tired of hearing about the behaviour of TOHK rather than the WRESTLING of your club.

Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: birddog] #145826 03/31/09 01:35 AM
2coach Offline
I agree with birddog, you all have an awesome team great wrestlers, and good coaches. I don't know who threw the pop or water bottle out on the mat after that match but I do know it came from the TOHK section, that kind of stuff is very wrong. I do know that you can not control what people do in the stands, but guys let your wrestling do your talking and the coaches do the arguing, you guys are good, nothing will take that away...

Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: Coach Knox 61] #145831 03/31/09 01:51 AM
BLT Offline
Originally Posted By: Coach Knox 61
BLT, remember if your criticizing, make sure you are not doing it yourself. Do I need to bring up the Park City Classic?

Oh Mr. Knox,
I am so glad you did bring up the classic.
That is where you and your supporters teased and harassed a young man for crying.
Then when I called you out on it you all wanted to "puff up your chest" and act like you wanted to get physical like a bunch of thugs would do!
Then the older lady that is always the loudest cheerer in your group flipped me off! Are you serious?
OR
Are you talking about when a ref physically assaulted one of our coaches and things got out of hand there?
If that's the case then you have me confused with that coach. And please don't try to play it off like you disagreed with what happened because that would be two faced. It was TOHK coaches that were supporting that coach and his action and even trying to play peace keeper. LOL!
So what part of the Classic would you like to talk about?

Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: BLT] #145839 03/31/09 02:28 AM
B
Bronco Wrestler Offline
B
Just as a point of reference, I was just kidding in my post...

Alex R. Ryan
KSHSAA Official #15616
USAWKS Official #707
Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: Bronco Wrestler] #145854 03/31/09 03:12 AM
C
Coach Knox 61 Offline
C
BLT, is the house you come from clean (perfect)? Be honest. The first I ever remenber of you is this week at state when I asked you, do you know what Oscar means. Don't you remenber? I asked your coach who is BLT? And you said it means; run out of bounds. I said it a code for trouble. Next year trouble will be code for double leg. Just to keep you guessing. Look I know we got some work to do and with good solutions, your support, and most of prayer we will get better. Accountabilty, responsibilty are signs of maturity. BLT to out work me your going to have to bring a lunch box and a sleeping bag. Any other things towards me email or call me. I am done with you on this website.

Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: Coach Knox 61] #145872 03/31/09 11:57 AM
BLT Offline
Coach Knox,
No one (or club) is perfect.
I want to extend an apology to YOU! I'm sorry. After talking to some of the other people I realize
it was not YOU at mat side at Park City. It was another one of your coaches and I do believe Mr. DeShayzer.
I wish you and your very talented club the best of luck. I know that when the day comes that everyone in the arena is cheering FOR TOHK, the sport will be in a much place. You don't have to be the bad guys. With the talent that you guy develope each and EVERY year, there is no reason you shouldn't be one of the crown jewels. I mean look what you have done for Heights. They don't have the rep that TOHK has. I agree that they were the underdog vs. Bishop Carrol this year but those that know the sport could smell it in the air.
Again, good luck to you!
BTW...
I pack a pretty big lunch!
See you next year!

Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: BLT] #145877 03/31/09 12:33 PM
L
luellen Offline
L
I dont know any one from TOHK. I have talked to coach Knox as we were looking at brackets one time. To all the people complaning about them maybe you should quit boooing thier wrestlers. This is somthing YOU can do to help. How would you feel if someone boooed your kid after they won. If it happend to me I would be very angry. Disrespecting some ones kid is the fastest & most efficient way to piss a parent or coach off. This disrespect is fueling the problems you are complaning about. If some one disrespects my kid you will see behavior from me that you may not consider normal.

Last edited by michael luellen; 03/31/09 01:00 PM.

Lazy hands make for poverty,
but diligent hands bring wealth.
Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: luellen] #145884 03/31/09 01:15 PM
PatrickCavanaugh Offline
I have to agree with Mr. Luellen, some of the shtick from some of the TOHK coaches gets old & tired, but what I thought was more offensive was the large applause when a TOHK kid lost. That happened multiple times.

Patrick Cavanaugh
785-249-3440
Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: luellen] #145889 03/31/09 01:43 PM
P
Proudfather Offline
P
In response to Michel Luellen's post.....
Since this weekend I have had it put on my heart to post regarding the booing. This morning I prayed on whether or not to go through with it and then I opened this post and read Michaels comment. This is exactly what I felt led to write about.

I have to say I was so proud to be part of USA wrestling this weekend when the mats were crowded with people praying before the matches began. Only in Kansas!! I was overwhelmed. But on the flipside, I was ashamed to be part of it when all the booing against TOHK began. I am reading both sides of the arguement about booing, those that say that TOHK get what they deserve and then the posts like michaels. If we truly are the christians that we demonstrated through our opening prayer, we know what the bible teaches and it is not "Do unto others as they have done unto you",(if in fact, they've done anything to you at all) it is "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you". This means it has to end somewhere. We have to start by being the example. No one changes through hate. And the sad part is that most people are just jumping on the bandwagon! Hate is contagious. I saw this from the section I was sitting in. There were guests in our section, kids, clapping and joining in because hate is just that contagious. What are we teaching our kids? Wouldn't it be great if love were that contagious? It can be, but it is just not the natural thing to do. It takes practice, it takes going against what everyone else is doing. It takes character. It takes Christs true presence in your life.

From the first booing, I thought about the poor kids on the mat who have to feel like everyone in the place is against them. Even if the coaches can teach the kids to fuel off this anger, in working with children anyone knows how tender an ego is. If we are taught to react to hate, what does that develop? MORE HATE! The greatest commandment is to love. If we cannot do this for the team at least we could do it for the child. A child taught through love is going to turn out much better than one taught to fuel from hate, even if they do win wrestling matches.

Bottom line, the booing is ridiculous, destructive and senseless. What if it was your kid being booed? Could anything good come from it?

I'm off my soapbox. Let the persecution begin.....

Connie Weiss, RWC

Last edited by Proudfather; 03/31/09 01:45 PM.
Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: Proudfather] #145890 03/31/09 01:55 PM
J. Dale Offline
I am in no way condoning the booing that went on. It's a kids tournament, but maybe you should look at it like this. Everyone HATES a winner and TOHK puts out winners. I think one of their kids might be pound for pound the toughest kid in the state in Brogan H. Anytime you have a team that consistently puts out winner some people will stoop low enough to boo when they win whether they deserve any of it or not. Look at high school in the 80's and 90's Ark City and Kapuan were booed then Carroll and Goddard. I still don't think it's right it's just the way some people are. People are on here bashing TOHK but then they boo. Sounds the same to me.

Well you're just a special kind of stupid aren't you?
Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: Proudfather] #145891 03/31/09 01:56 PM
G
gymmom Offline
G
I could not agree with you more!!! The booing breaks my heart as a mother and just a descent person! I can not imagine how that would make me feel if it were my kid. I've never been in a fight in my life but I'd be ready to throw down at that point. Of course, I wouldn't but that is what I would feel like doing and I'm sure that is what the TOHK team felt like as well. What are you people thinking??? Anyone who booed a kid this weekend should be ashamed of themselves.

Last edited by gymmom; 03/31/09 02:00 PM.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 419 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,979
Posts250,431
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)