Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: jeremy seier] #146015 04/01/09 03:56 AM
D
doug747 Offline
D
I choose to take the high road when a call goes against us. I have a memory good enough to know that some calls go OUR way just as much as they go AGAINST us. It all evens out.

Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: doug747] #146016 04/01/09 04:02 AM
J
joshclarktohk Offline
J
i understand that sir but just becuz u question a call does not mean u have to yell or be obscene...when u question a call it is not to get the ref to change it then and there it is more to get them to think about the call and approach it differently in the future...tho "takin the high road" may seem like a good idea the problem with that is the complaints you see on here about refs will only get worse if there are not coaches who question calls...refs need some things to be brought to attention...this doesnt mean yell and cuss the ref but its ok to question it and see where they are comin from then tell them where u r comin from i have seen this year i question a call then the rest of the tourney/year they call it the way that i see it...i dont question a call to spite a ref and make him look bad i do it to help our kids from all of our teams clean up "bad calls"

Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: mvukas] #146021 04/01/09 04:54 AM
Mike Dipman Offline
As a outsider looking in my son invited his grandpa to come watch him wrestle for the first time ever and was so glad he had come. I was setting in the stands beside his grandpa who had never been to one of these events before after about three hours he turned to me and said you know its not real hard to not like those guys and i said who and he said those hard knox coaches. I dont know wich ones he was talking about and really dont care but i was kinda embaresed that thats what he got to see at his first tourney. Point being them hard knox kids are great wrestlers who im sure work there tail off who diserve better than two have it ruined by a couple of there coaches. The coaches in question who i dont know who they are but they themseves do should feel ashamed and conduct themselves better for there kids that work there but off.On the other hand i was also embaresed that the crowd was booing the kid its not his fault its his coaches. Ijust wish these coaches in question would quit trying to imtemidate and argue with the refs on every call to get all calls including bad ones to go there way. Im not trying to upset anyone just letting you know the way it looks from a outsiders view.

Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: Mike Dipman] #146022 04/01/09 04:57 AM
J
joshclarktohk Offline
J
im guessin it happened on mat 2 on saturday right?

Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: joshclarktohk] #146024 04/01/09 05:18 AM
Mike Dipman Offline
Yes it did i think it could of been handled better but who am i to judge! Sure didnt look good to the spectators though.

Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: Mike Dipman] #146025 04/01/09 05:32 AM
Mike Dipman Offline
Nobodys perfect everyone has flaws im sure that there was enough constructive critisism in this post that the hard knox coaches that were in question whoever they were get the point. And im confident that they will do whatever they feel they need to do to make there club stronger by getting the publics feedback . I think they get the picture and nothing else needs do be said or it would'nt be constructive no more it would just be critism . So i vote to end this topic

Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: Mike Dipman] #146028 04/01/09 11:15 AM
BLT Offline
I 2nd that!
TOHK has shown a willingness to be open minded & open to suggestions.
I say if you have anymore issues email or PM Mr. Knox!
This topic pops up every year!
Maybe this year will be the year they dig deep and strive for change.
If not then I hope next year USAWKS takes a very serious no tollerence policy towards this kind of behavior.
Good luck on your road to change!
Its a long one but I know they will pack their sleeping bag and lunch and over come all this negative PR!

Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: Beeson] #146045 04/01/09 03:05 PM
O
okstate1 Offline
O
Chad,

The most heartbreaking part of all this was your wife saying she couldn't wait for the season to be over with Jake's bracket in her hand. Her son just won state and it was overshadowed by this behavior!! You don't get those moments back and hers was taken away.

Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: okstate1] #146048 04/01/09 03:24 PM
H
HaysHighArnhold Offline
H
Ok this needs to stop... we all have times when we get out of hand and get unsportsmanlike i know i did this weekend after i lost my finals match on a controversial call ( i kept my head for the most part except for a couple of choice words about the match to my coachs) but my point is TOHK is a good club i hate wrestling kids from there because i know they will be tough and they wont give up. My overall point is that everybody has their moments and its not right for anybody to call out coaches from TOHK or anywhere else for that matter about their behavior.

o and sorry about the grammar and punctuation misstakes on this texting has gotten the better of my typing skills.

Logan Arnhold Hays KS

Only The Tribe Survive!
Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: HaysHighArnhold] #146050 04/01/09 03:46 PM
ReDPloyd Offline
Originally Posted By: HaysHighArnhold

o and sorry about the grammar and punctuation misstakes on this texting has gotten the better of my typing skills.

From what I have read on the forum, there must be a lot of folks out there texting too much.:) That is why they have the Preview Post buttom at the bottom, so you can critique what you wrote, including grammar and spelling, before you hit Submit. It really does work.

Lee Girard
Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: HaysHighArnhold] #146051 04/01/09 04:09 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Originally Posted By: HaysHighArnhold
we all have times when we get out of hand and get unsportsmanlike

No, "we" don't! In fact, the over-whelming majority of coaches and parents never have a problem in regards to their own behavior and sportsmanship.

Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: sportsfan02] #146054 04/01/09 04:56 PM
J
J Murdock Offline
J
You do everyday on here! For someone who is constantly harassing people on a talk forum ,you should keep your judgements to yourself.

Jason Murdock

Last edited by J Murdock; 04/01/09 05:04 PM.
Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: ReDPloyd] #146056 04/01/09 05:18 PM
Ed Goben Offline
Originally Posted By: ReDPloyd

...That is why they have the Preview Post buttom at the bottom, so you can critique what you wrote, including grammar and spelling, before you hit Submit. It really does work.

it also gives you a second chance to 'cool down' and read what you've typed before you post wink

winning isn't everything...but losing sucks!
Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: Ed Goben] #146059 04/01/09 05:45 PM
ReDPloyd Offline
Originally Posted By: Special Ed

...That is why they have the Preview Post buttom at the bottom, so you can critique what you wrote, including grammar and spelling, before you hit Submit. It really does work.

it also gives you a second chance to 'cool down' and read what you've typed before you post wink

Very good point Special Ed. Again, based on a few of the posts I have read on the forum, this might help eliminate some of the knee jerk reaction comments. If all else fails, you can still be saved by the edit button, or, as I saw the week before State, the delete post button if you really aren't content with what you posted.

Lee Girard
Re: HARD KNOX Coaches [Re: Ed Goben] #146060 04/01/09 05:45 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Special Ed

As evidenced by the post immediately before yours! But the opportunity to "cool down" doesn't mean someone can or will put anymore thought into their posts I guess.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 419 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,979
Posts250,431
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)