Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
KWOA Clinic - 11/7 #150933 10/05/09 12:00 PM
Shane Koranda Offline OP
OP Offline
The 2009 KWOA Clinic will once again be held at the Mid-Cap Facility at 730 Cliff Drive, in Augusta, KS.

7:15-8 Registration
8-9 KSHSAA Rules Meeting
9-9:15 Business Meeting
9:15-10 Rules Test Review
10-10:15 Break
10:15-11:45 Session 1: Jim Ramirez - "Coaches and Official's Conduct - Do's and Don'ts"
11:45-12:45 Lunch
12:45-1:45 Session 2: Larry Alley - "Unsportsmanlike Conduct and Unnecessary Roughness"
1:45-2 Break
2-3 Session 3: Jim Ramirez - "2-man Mechanics - Teaming with Assistant"
3-3:45 - Session 4:Open Forum - "Brainstorming on Mentoring Young Officials"
3:45-4:30 Kansas Kids Rules Meeting & Certification
4:30-5 Social Time & Clean up.

Please note that the KSHSAA Rules meeting is in the morning this year and not in the afternoon, as normal!

If you'd like to register, send $32 to KWOA Clinic 2200 SW Chase Drive Lee's Summit, MO 64082. Or Contact Craig Ewert, Sec/Treas @ cewert@kc.rr.com

Shane Koranda
Towanda, Ks.
Re: KWOA Clinic - 11/7 [Re: Shane Koranda] #150934 10/05/09 12:53 PM
Beeson Offline
Can anyone attend this Clinic or do you have to be an official?

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: KWOA Clinic - 11/7 [Re: Beeson] #150935 10/05/09 01:19 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Yes anyone can attend. The only cost, if you don't plan to become an official, is for any lunch they might furnish. It is something I wish we required all youth wrestling coaches to attend. Maybe it would help with sportsmanship issues.

Re: KWOA Clinic - 11/7 [Re: sportsfan02] #150958 10/06/09 12:47 PM
Cokeley Offline
Originally Posted By: sportsfan02
Yes anyone can attend. The only cost, if you don't plan to become an official, is for any lunch they might furnish. It is something I wish we required all youth wrestling coaches to attend. Maybe it would help with sportsmanship issues.

Sport0,

Since it is so close to your home, are you inviting all of the officials over for ice cream after the meeting so you can tell them all how it should REALLY be done? There really isn't a sportsmanship issue in Kansas wrestling. We don't have coaches punching officials or anything crazy like that. There will ALWAYS be a difference of opinion and passionate advocating will lead to animated discussion. BIG DEAL!

The number one problem in Kansas Club Wrestling is the rampant misappropriation of funds. We should focus on fixing that problem!

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: KWOA Clinic - 11/7 [Re: sportsfan02] #150960 10/06/09 01:00 PM
Cokeley Offline
I think we need to put Sportsfan02 on the agenda of the KWOA meeting. Greg Boucher - Sportsmanship Expert.

Last edited by Cokeley; 10/06/09 11:51 PM.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: KWOA Clinic - 11/7 [Re: Cokeley] #150963 10/06/09 02:21 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Cokeley

Sport0,
There really isn't a sportsmanship issue in Kansas wrestling. We don't have coaches punching officials or anything crazy like that.

Not yet we don't, but only because we've been lucky. But yes, like most youth sports we do have sportsmanship issues, some reportedly created by YOU!

There will ALWAYS be a difference of opinion and passionate advocating will lead to animated discussion.

A difference of opinion is fine right up to the point that either the coach or the official lose their temper. Then it is up to the coach to back off regardless, and respect the one opinion that counts, that of the official.

The real issue that the KWOA could be working on is the failure to create and implement, with the cooperation of the KSHSAA, a real evaluation process for officials. Many of your so called sportsmanship issues would be eliminated if we had the best officials on the mat during the tournaments instead of the good ole boy network presently in place.

Please tell me you aren't going to start getting ejected from high school tournaments now!

Re: KWOA Clinic - 11/7 [Re: sportsfan02] #150965 10/06/09 03:40 PM
Cokeley Offline

Sport0,
There really isn't a sportsmanship issue in Kansas wrestling. We don't have coaches punching officials or anything crazy like that.

Not yet we don't, but only because we've been lucky. But yes, like most youth sports we do have sportsmanship issues, some reportedly created by YOU!

There will ALWAYS be a difference of opinion and passionate advocating will lead to animated discussion.

A difference of opinion is fine right up to the point that either the coach or the official lose their temper. Then it is up to the coach to back off regardless, and respect the one opinion that counts, that of the official.

The real issue that the KWOA could be working on is the failure to create and implement, with the cooperation of the KSHSAA, a real evaluation process for officials. Many of your so called sportsmanship issues would be eliminated if we had the best officials on the mat during the tournaments instead of the good ole boy network presently in place.

Please tell me you aren't going to start getting ejected from high school tournaments now!

Sport0,

I have never been ejected from any tournament "officially". I do know when too far is too far.

What does your comment regarding me have to do with an system to evaluate and justly assign officials to tournaments?

Just further evidence that you really don't care to improve anything you just want to attack me.

If poor officials are not held accountable then they will not improve. The coach's opinion and wrestler's matters as well. Too many times the coach and wrestler come to the mat WAY more prepared for the next six minutes than the official.

This is funny: As far as we know you have never coached, directed a club, coordinated a tournament, coordinated a trip for wrestlers, officiated, or done anything but you run your mouth on this forum endlessly. You really have zero credibility but that doesn't mean I won't come over to your house for ice cream! You didn't answer that question... Come on Greg!

You continue your relentless pursuit to discredit me and I continue to laugh. Thanks for the entertainment! smile

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: KWOA Clinic - 11/7 [Re: Cokeley] #150969 10/06/09 05:15 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S

I have never been ejected from any tournament "officially".

You keep using that term "officially". Why is that? Would Tulsa Nationals be officially? Would last summers Middle School Duals be officially? Just because you have been ejected from non-USAW sanctioned events doesn't matter to me or those who care about sportsmanship. You represent our state poorly it seems on a national level.

I do know when too far is too far.

Your actions indicate differently.

What does your comment regarding me have to do with an system to evaluate and justly assign officials to tournaments?

Where is your comment about evaluating officials in the original post?

The coach's opinion and wrestler's matters as well.

Not on the mat they don't.

As far as we know you have never coached, directed a club, coordinated a tournament, coordinated a trip for wrestlers, officiated, or done anything but you run your mouth on this forum endlessly.

You are correct in "as far as we know". The extent of what all you don't know is massive!

You continue your relentless pursuit to discredit me and I continue to laugh.

You don't need me to discredit you. You do well enough on your own!

Re: KWOA Clinic - 11/7 [Re: sportsfan02] #150976 10/06/09 07:46 PM
Cokeley Offline

There you have it...

You keep using that term "officially". Why is that? Would Tulsa Nationals be officially? Would last summers Middle School Duals be officially? Just because you have been ejected from non-USAW sanctioned events doesn't matter to me or those who care about sportsmanship. You represent our state poorly it seems on a national level.

I use the term because there are times, more often than not, the official is overzealous and does not follow procedure or have grounds to back up his/her actions. That is why there is a process to appeal. I haven't been! Would you like Mr. Roller's email and Mr. Pamulak's to confirm? I am on great terms with both so I don't think I represent our state poorly. Furthermore, when was Middle School Duals in the summer? You don't even know what you are talking about. You get on your keyboard and your fingers just run away without any facts to back you up. On top of that, how many kids would have wrestled at the Middle School Duals without my effort? Really, do you think your opinion matters? It doesn't because you have no identity or credibility. Were you at any of the events you have mentioned? I doubt it.

I am ready to match wits with you anytime, any place to see how much I know versus how much you know. Come on Greg, we can have a public debate of KSHSAA policy and USAWKS bylaws. You want to match resumes and put your PFS up against mine?

Do you have goal in mind when you type or are you just passing the time?

This is it. Last response to Sports0 this year. My fun is over frown

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: KWOA Clinic - 11/7 [Re: Cokeley] #150986 10/06/09 10:20 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S

I use the term because there are times, more often than not, the official is overzealous and does not follow procedure or have grounds to back up his/her actions.

Who would have guessed it would be the official that was wrong and not you?

I am on great terms with both so I don't think I represent our state poorly.

It really matters not to me who's friendship or loyalty you can buy. I'm simply not that easy.

Furthermore, when was Middle School Duals in the summer?

Sorry, "Spring" if you prefer. I have two seasons, wrestling and summer.

Really, do you think your opinion matters?

Uhhh no, same as yours.

I am ready to match wits with you anytime, any place to see how much I know versus how much you know.

I would hope you would come better prepared than you do to these boards. This has to be embarrassing for you at times.

This is it. Last response to Sports0 this year. My fun is over

Your tapout is noted!

Re: KWOA Clinic - 11/7 [Re: sportsfan02] #150991 10/07/09 11:47 AM
B
back in the day Offline
B
I will be sorry to see this conversation end. Almost as fun as reading the transcripts of the Alger Hiss and Whittaker Chambers hearings way back in the day.

The older I get the better I was!
Re: KWOA Clinic - 11/7 [Re: back in the day] #151026 10/08/09 12:02 AM
Cokeley Offline
Back in the Day,

I simply have no time to waste on a fictitious situation. If he would identify himself it might be worth a little of my free time! If he were real, only in his wildest dream would I "tapout" to him inside or outside the octagon!

COACH: That's not Olympic-style wrestling.
CLARK: Nope. That's real wrestling.
SPORTSFAN02: I am a basketball player and waterboy so I have no idea.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com
Re: KWOA Clinic - 11/7 [Re: Cokeley] #151028 10/08/09 12:45 AM
D
doug747 Offline
D
Sportsfan02 has also made it clear that he is terribly jealous of anyone that has worked hard enough to make a good living. He also believes that all of that wealth, which he thinks dropped from the sky, buys you whatever you want. I got news for him. You can't buy a state championship. You can't buy a Tulsa Nationals award. You can't buy a Fargo award.

You can buy tacos for $.59 each on Sundays at Taco Tico.

Re: KWOA Clinic - 11/7 [Re: doug747] #151035 10/08/09 11:49 AM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Originally Posted By: doug747
You can't buy a state championship. You can't buy a Tulsa Nationals award. You can't buy a Fargo award.

No, but you can buy your way back into certain tournaments after you've been ejected from same. You also can buy friends as is obvious from these boards.

Re: KWOA Clinic - 11/7 [Re: doug747] #151036 10/08/09 11:22 AM
J
jamesrenfro Offline
J
Nothing like a big bag of tacos from Taco Tico on a Sunday. Best kept secret in Kansas.

TCOB
Re: KWOA Clinic - 11/7 [Re: doug747] #151038 10/08/09 11:31 AM
B
back in the day Offline
B
Will,

I understand completely. I am reading "Witness" by Whittaker Chambers. Thus the reference. Chambers was the witness against Alger Hiss- In the trials - Hiss uses smear tactics and inuendo to challenge Chambers' testimony rather than facts. An example is "tap out" It was not your word.

If you want a good treatment of conservative principals of freedom verses the end result of liberalism, check this book out.

The older I get the better I was!
Re: KWOA Clinic - 11/7 [Re: sportsfan02] #151041 10/08/09 01:38 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
Originally Posted By: doug747
You can't buy a state championship. You can't buy a Tulsa Nationals award. You can't buy a Fargo award.

No, but you can buy your way back into certain tournaments after you've been ejected from same. You also can buy friends as is obvious from these boards.

Greg,

Now might be the time to support those who help Kansas wrestling instead of trying to tear them down. You have dug yourself quite a hole by your baseless accusations and your attempt to be a speed bump to our states advancement. The Kansas wrestling community is a forgiving bunch, which is a trait that I love about this state. Come along for the ride and help us row this boat instead of trying to pick off those who are!

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: KWOA Clinic - 11/7 [Re: Chief Renegade] #151044 10/08/09 02:18 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Chief Renegade

Now might be the time to support those who help Kansas wrestling instead of trying to tear them down. You have dug yourself quite a hole by your baseless accusations and your attempt to be a speed bump to our states advancement.

Oh I assure you I support those who help Kansas wrestling. I'm just more objective about the ways they go about supporting Kansas wrestling. I don't for instance think those who represent our state on a national stage in an inappropriate way, are deserving of my support. Those who attempt to disrupt someone's job or income for simply disagreeing with them on a message board do not get my support. I do not support those who resort to name calling with anyone who disagrees with them on a message board. In short, I support those who represent wrestling in a classy, thoughtful manner without the need to publicly pat themselves on the back at every turn. It is also helpful for the people I support to recognize that wrestling in this state is a glass more than half full and by any measure getting fuller all the time. I do not have to agree with all of their methods or designs on how to go about improvement. The people who really make Kansas wrestling better have a tendency to go for the most part unnoticed behind the scenes.
I have NEVER made "baseless" accusations on this or any other board!

Re: KWOA Clinic - 11/7 [Re: sportsfan02] #151046 10/08/09 02:31 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
I have NEVER made "baseless" accusations on this or any other board!

On what basis can you say your subject has bought friends? That is baseless.

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: KWOA Clinic - 11/7 [Re: Chief Renegade] #151049 10/08/09 04:47 PM
D
doug747 Offline
D
Cokeley, mail my "will you be my friend" check please. I didn't know you were paying.

Did you get yours yet Chief?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 237 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,985
Posts250,444
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)