Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: shak4z] #155510 01/11/10 01:46 AM
djackson Offline OP
OP Offline
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyFv6lcHKn8
Might take a few minutes to process

Don Jackson
Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: djackson] #155511 01/11/10 01:52 AM
Y
yeti Offline
Y
Thanks for all the work your putting in jackson, did you record 140?

Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: yeti] #155512 01/11/10 02:04 AM
djackson Offline OP
OP Offline
You all are welcome but #160 is all I have left to put up.

Don Jackson
Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: djackson] #155514 01/11/10 02:24 AM
Paratroop Offline
I was coaching at an open tourney being refereed by a young man while my 12 year old son sat beside me. During the match the young ref made a call in which the opposing coach got up and began screaming in the face of the ref. The young ref explained himself to the coach and acted professionaly and we went on with the match. I don't remember the call, but I know it wasn't something to get that worked up about, it is kids wrestling, and the kids continued on. When the match was done, I told my son that young ref really had gained my respect for the way he handled himself. My 12 year old informed me that the young ref was Ryne Cokeley. He said he hoped that he hoped someday he could give back to kids wrestling like Ryne does.

We have all been there when things didn't go our way and let our emotions get to us. That is part of life and growing up. We learn from it and move on.

I for one am thankful that we have good quality kids like this that represent KS. Thanks to these two wrestlers for giving your everything on the mat! It gave something for all of us sitting on our couch to talk about!

B. Star
Lawrence, KS
Sunflower Kids Wrestling Club
"Rivals on the mat, friends in life"
Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: Paratroop] #155518 01/11/10 02:50 AM
H
highcrotch Offline
H
Just a personal note about 285...
I think Tylor Woodruff from Goddard does an awesome job for a young man of his age and his size!
He cant be more then a little over 200 pounds!
Impressive!

Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: highcrotch] #155519 01/11/10 03:02 AM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
yeah, the pitt hwt was able to pick woodruff up pretty easily. in the 1st 2 periods they wrestled like 130lbers. the 3rd was much slower. the pitt kid has beat some other ranked kids i think, looking at results he has won 3 tourneys, yet when i looked at 5a rankings he isn't ranked. what is his record, anyone know? thanks again djackson, this has been great for those of us who couldn't make it.

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"
Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: highcrotch] #155524 01/11/10 03:34 AM
I
irionman Offline
I
Originally Posted By: highcrotch
I think Tylor Woodruff from Goddard does an awesome job for a young man of his age and his size!
Impressive!

I'm impressed with him. I wrestled him through the club program here, but never thought he'd go to do 285. (he is a bit over 200, but not much though)

hmmmm.....
Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: irionman] #155525 01/11/10 03:52 AM
djackson Offline OP
OP Offline

Don Jackson
Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: highcrotch] #155530 01/11/10 09:17 AM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
Originally Posted By: highcrotch
Impressive!

Amen to that! It was a real 'David vs. Goliath' kind of thing and little David just about pulled it off!

D. Dean Welsh, Junction City
***Dean plays well with others!!! ;-)
Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: Paratroop] #155534 01/11/10 09:35 AM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
Originally Posted By: Paratroop
I was coaching at an open tourney being refereed by a young man while my 12 year old son sat beside me. During the match the young ref made a call in which the opposing coach got up and began screaming in the face of the ref. The young ref explained himself to the coach and acted professionaly and we went on with the match. I don't remember the call, but I know it wasn't something to get that worked up about, it is kids wrestling, and the kids continued on. When the match was done, I told my son that young ref really had gained my respect for the way he handled himself. My 12 year old informed me that the young ref was Ryne Cokeley. He said he hoped that he hoped someday he could give back to kids wrestling like Ryne does.

We have all been there when things didn't go our way and let our emotions get to us. That is part of life and growing up. We learn from it and move on.

I for one am thankful that we have good quality kids like this that represent KS. Thanks to these two wrestlers for giving your everything on the mat! It gave something for all of us sitting on our couch to talk about!

You mean that 'prema donna' stooped to something as low as reffing a kid's tourney? You mean that 'brat' did not throw a 'fit' when the adult was busy throwing his?

Hmmmmm . . . Very interesting. Sounds like a positive member of the KS wrestling family and a young man of high self-control. Maybe that is why he is such a good wrestler. Discipline, hard-work and a high degree of self-control all go together hand in hand to produce excellence. Thanks for sharing a cool story.

Last edited by dwelsh; 01/11/10 09:51 AM.

Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: shak4z] #155535 01/11/10 09:44 AM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
Originally Posted By: shak
I am new to this forum and new to wrestling as a whole. Don't know who is who but would like to say I think this took a wrong turn somewhere. Not sure if it was the name calling or the poor sport comment but from what I saw a KID reacted to a loss. Maybe not the way some of you would have liked, thus the poor sport comments. Which brings out the defensive comments. We could all learn something from this..... Just shut up and wrestle!

And, I'd bet ya a dollar that his Dad said something like that to him after wards ('just shut up and wrestle' . . .)

I imagine there were several things Ryne 'reacted' to. The crowd. His opponent might have taunted him a bit at the end. The opposing coaching grabbing him at the end. The loss. And other personal issues that I cannot mention on this forum. Again, not excuses - just explanations. Will has already acknowledge on this forum that it was wrong and that he would take care of it. Everyone makes mistakes. If you think you don't - you just did because you are a liar('you' in a general sense - I'm not attacking you 'shak').

Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: Dean Welsh] #155537 01/11/10 11:23 AM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: dwelsh
I'm not attacking you 'shak'

that's a good stance to take dean, he and that goliath you mentioned are cousins! LOL.

to everyone: i started this mess by saying bad sportsmanship!!! i meant in no way for it to become a witch-hunt. will and i have exchanged personal messages, which is a better way to go about it. again i did not intend for us to get off track.

Last edited by suckerpunch; 01/11/10 11:24 AM.

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"
Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: HEADUP] #155541 01/11/10 12:05 PM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
Originally Posted By: suckerpunch
I'm not attacking you 'shak'

that's a good stance to take dean, he and that goliath you mentioned are cousins! LOL.

to everyone: i started this mess by saying bad sportsmanship!!! i meant in no way for it to become a witch-hunt. will and i have exchanged personal messages, which is a better way to go about it. again i did not intend for us to get off track.

LOL on Shak and David! Glad you and Will got everything patched up. Very cool.

And, agreed - PM is the best way to handle this delicate stuff. But if someone like 'nasty comes out and attacks on the forum, then I think others have the right to protect against said attack via this forum.

Take care.

Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: Dean Welsh] #155552 01/11/10 01:25 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
Another angle on the 152 final...

http://www.catchitkansas.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?ClipID1=4446594&h1=Wrestling%20Highlights%3A%20Derby%20Invitational&vt1=v&at1=Agriculture&d1=433967&LaunchPageAdTag=Agriculture&activePane=info&rnd=11153281

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: WrestlingB631] #155555 01/11/10 01:36 PM
badbo Offline
I am just glad we did not go. It was too cold.

Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: badbo] #155556 01/11/10 01:43 PM
Beeson Offline
On that highlight film...I saw two in the finals look like Prima Donna's, one during and one after.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: HEADUP] #155557 01/11/10 02:10 PM
J. Dale Offline
good video of that match on catch it kansas. watch the right arm of the ref at 6:54.

Well you're just a special kind of stupid aren't you?
Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: Beeson] #155558 01/11/10 02:17 PM
J
Jason McComb Offline
J
Awesome highlight!!! I have held off on commenting but this highlight made me.

First, it was a Fabulous match! I loved it & was looking forward to it. The match did not disappoint at all.

Second, I did think that Ryan got slighted on some points.

Third, is Ryan's behavior was the least of the discussion in the group I was with.

We were all talking as we walked out the door about what the other coach did and said while the 2 wrestlers were still in the middle.

That moment was the big deal! Also, the double handed shake for purposes of only pulling him in.

The next thing was the taunting by Ryan's opponent. He started the taunting very clearly to me. Ryan's action was a reaction & really not that big of a deal. In the end I'm not disappointed with either wrestler. The match was Awesome & the center stuff no big deal.

Really, though did anybody hear and see that VC coach. I don't want to put him out there like that and describe the actions when I may be mistaken.... but that was what we were talking about. grin

Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: Jason McComb] #155562 01/11/10 02:22 PM
windjammer Offline
Dean, here's what you said when a TOHK kid had a bit of a fit after a loss.

This year a Blue Springs [MO] wrestler was ranked #1 and was undefeated. He did something wrong. His coach and team held him accountiable and did not let him wrestle at the state tourney.

S. Hill made a mistake his So year. It cost him a trip to the tourney. I hated to see him miss it but i but he learned some great LIFE-LONG lessons.

Things like this is what teaches kids responsibility.

Going 'easy' on them and making excuses for them is really unloving. It can put them in an early grave and/or in jail.

Discipline your son, for in that there is hope; do not be a willing party to his death. (Prov 19:18 NIV)
A hot-tempered man must pay the penalty; if you rescue him, you will have to do it again. (Prov 19:19 NIV)
Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise. (Prov 19:20 NIV)

Re: Which Derby finals do you want to see?? [Re: Beeson] #155565 01/11/10 02:34 PM
C
Chief Renegade Offline
C
Originally Posted By: Beeson
On that highlight film...I saw two in the finals look like Prima Donna's, one during and one after.

Both wrestlers lost it a bit after the match.

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 246 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,979
Posts250,431
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)