BB, FB, VB, soccer and for all other sports, Kansas bigand small colleges and universities, and our JR/CCs, all recruit heavily out of state. Why? They say there is not the talent instate. Maybe so for the JayHawks' level of BB year after year after year. The most upsettig to me is the Jr/CCs. As I have said before, I coached competitive club soccer for years--as some of you have done with kids wrestling. I have watched club soccer from Alaska to Florida and CA to VA, and points in between. Good kids and good soccer all over. Same with wrestling, good kids and good wrestling all over. Look at the rosters of any sport at any of our Kansas Community Colleges. Almost all will be loaded with out of state, and for soccer international, players. To me, CC means colleges at the community level for community students. Out of state and international students and athletes are not from the community. Not to pick on anyone, But look at Colby CC. The wrestling roster lists 18 wrestlers, only 4 from Kansas (3 from Colby and 1 from Oberlien), 12 out of state, and 2 international (Mongolia and Uzbeckstan--how many folks in Colby can find either Mongolia or Uzbeckstan on a globe). Colby is right there not quite in the middle of all that 321A wrestling and they have only 4 local wrestlers on the roster. To me thats not a CC supporting the community. All other CCs rosters in all sports tell about the same story. Coaches are passing each other on the highways and in airports to go recruit. They think out of state and international athletes bring validity and prestige to their programs. Lets use Kansas tuition for Kansas students. And yes, some posters will come on here in a minute lamblasting CCs and CC sports--"they ain't D1". So what? It gets Kansas kids in college and in keeps them in sports.

Last edited by Contrarian; 03/02/10 02:12 PM.

Bill Mason Lansing