Will, I like you...but most of the stuff you say on this forum could be taken as a personal attack by someone.

He wasn't saying it was wrong to move them up, he was saying that they don't move up very often because they don't want the kid above them to have to sit there and watch without a match. Kale Newell was at 135 this year. Would you bump a kid of that caliber so your 130 lb kid could have a tough match instead?

It's hard to sit a kid so your star can get a tough match. Right or wrong it's tough to tell a kid that worked his ass off all week that he can't wrestle because your best kid wants a better match. Now in a dual...not so much of a problem. Usually you can get the other coach to agree to wrestle exhibition with the other kid. Most of the time where we see tough competition is at tournaments though, and it's hard to sit a kid for a whole tournament when he needs that tournament to get better.

Call me crazy, but I don't think it was a personal attack. I think you may have read into it the wrong way because he started out his post saying that you had your pants in a wad.

Dylan Campbell
Oakley, KS
dylan.cia@hotmail.com