Jess Lemon will be wrestling in Kids state after his high school season finishes. He is wrestling varsity at Chapman and has done okay. He thinks of this as his year in Kids State. Last year, he was the only 8th grader in his bracket at kids state. He is a very young freshman (he won't turn 15 until late summer) and so feels that he is actually competing with kids his own age. Of course, he likes to wrestle with those Senior's too. His record right now at high school is 20-11. He may wrestle 140 or 145 in kids state although at high school, he is wrestling 135.
The toughest part for him will be with baseball practice starting the week after high school state. He is a little unsure how much practice he can do in kids federation with the amount of extra practice in baseball (baseball usually does 2 a day's for the first two weeks for a total of 4 hours a day). He also needs to okay it with the baseball coach but I am sure that he will get the approval.
One of Jess's close friends is Noel Richardson who took 4th at Kids State last year as an 8th grader. This year, Noel is also going to continue in Kids State after he finishes up his varsity high school year. He currently wrestles 160lbs and has 18 wins under his belt. Almost all of his matches this year have been against Senior's. He too is looking forward to wrestling kids his own age for a change.

Last year at kids state, I had the priveledge of watching one of Chapman's top wrestler's, Jon Arveson, wrestle against some of the best wrestlers in state. Jon is also very young for his class and could wrestle in kids state again this year in the 16U bracket even though he is a junior. I am unsure about whether he will or not at this time as he also competes in track AND golf in the springtime (Jon excells in every sport he participates in: football, wrestling, track, golf and even baseball in the summer).