Mr. Johnson,

I think you will find that a simple poll from the PEOPLE that matter the most, that being the WRESTLERS. You will find that many of them want to continue wrestling in kids as freshman and even some sophmores.

Moreover from that our state association REPEATDLY have voted down measures to exclude freshman and others from competining in these classes. I don't know what this says to you, but to me its says that the MAJORITY of people in this state feel that it is apropriate and would like to see it continue ( I raise my hand in support as well ).

As far as freestyle in concerned, perhaps Mr. Johnson you should consider that maybe some kids don't like freestyle wrestling and don't want to.

So I say this to you, what are you going to do about it? You aren't going to garner enough support to change what is already set, namely because you are in the minority. You aren't going to change anyone's opinion with simple arguements like "Well other states don't allow it"

In addition, if a kid is too scared, or not willing to go to a tournament simply because they have to wrestle someone who may be better than them, then perhaps they in the wrong sport. And if you are the type of coach who are providing scapegoats for your wrestlers, then shame on you.
I can tell you without question that I have NEVER dodged competition because I was worried I was going to lose, or that they might be better than me.

Honestly come up with some REAL reasons why freshman should not be allowed to wrestle in the 14 & U age group, when in fact they were 14 at the beginning on the season.

William Nigel Isom
KSHSAA Official # 14274
USAWKS # 577
Riley KS