The Missouri people on their forum are really complaining about the Kansas team being too big for the weight classes that several of our guys were wrestling. One of their big complaints seems to be that we are wrestling guys in weight class two below the weight class that they wrestled in during the high school season. I just read one person's suggestion that a wrestler in this event should not be allowed to wrestle in a weight class below the one he wrestled in during the high school State competition series only in a heavier weight class. So if you wrestle 152 at State you could only wrestle 152 or a weight class above 152 for this competition. Perhaps that would not be a bad rule. I don't think it is too healthy for the fans of both states to constantly be accusing the other side of bending the rules in this competition. I also do not think it is right to be expecting wrestlers to drop two weights classes from their high school season weight class to compete in this all star competition.

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions