BY JOANNA CHADWICK
The Wichita Eagle
A survey of Kansas high school administrators by the state's governing body for high school sports found that many think private schools have an unfair advantage over public schools.

Note to Contrarian: I did get my facts straight! I said "KS governing body."

Contrarian, as I have stated previously, the MULTIPLIER is a form of discrimination which is mainly focused on targeting private and parochial schools. It doesn't work because I know from personal experience. It kills the competitiveness of SMALL schools and HAS NO EFFECT on big ones. I have had two sons competing in wrestling in two different Catholic schools in both MO and KS within the last three years. Both are elite athletes and NEITHER were recruited by a high school. My eldest faced unrealistic and unfair competition, especially noticeable in soccer, due to the MO multiplier. Why is it so important to you to "level the playing field" by utilizing the multiplier? Lansing is in the KC Metro, you have choices. Bishop Ward is within driving distance. Oh that's right, they're only noted to be a powerhouse in baseball and your a wrestling Dad. Let's punish Bishop Ward, a very small, urban school that does a lot of great things in KCKS, in all the other sports just because you think its unfair. That makes sense. Need I go on and belabor this subject about the Thomas More Prep like schools that would suffer. To punish a SMALL number of private schools to, in your eyes, HELP the humongous number of public schools is a proven bad idea that is why so few other states do it.