Originally Posted By: Contrarian

Cokely. He want to cite sports history back to 1980---way before many of today's private schools existed (new comer KC area schools I know of: STA, SJA, KCC, Maranatha Academy)(do not know when out of area private schools were established--the only big private school with a sports history seems to be KMC). THe big parochial school in KC area prior to 1990 was Miege---and they have a sports history of extraordinay success. A couple of people have mentioned that both Miege and KMC were sanctioned by the KSHSAA in the 80s--what was that all about. By using sports history between 1980 and 1995--STA came in I think in about 1990 and started their sports run the best I can determine in 1992--Cokely can cite low private school state championships--a time when there were not very many private schools. Why not shorten the time period and include soccer and volleyball--sports dominated by private schools since they became KSHSAA sanctioned sports.

Did SJA recruit Ryne (Cokely). The thought never entered my mind. However, there has been a lot of speculation about Moeder. But, I accept Mr. Moeder's post without question. However, I have thought how Miege got the two Releford all staters. Understand they were in public schools in KCMO. Two tuitions at Miege must be a bank account buster. Were they Catholic and offered financial assistance "based on need". If not Catholic and given financial assistance, how many deserving Catholic kids were denied financial assistance. Way too many dark spots.

Still looking for the spel chker.

Mr. Contrarian Mason,

The MAJORITY of private schools that exist today were established before 1980. STA was St. Josephs, Ward, Miege, Schlagle, KMC, BC, etc were here. Get smart before you get on here and make uneducated comments. Isn't that what you said?

The Moeder's sold everything they owned and moved 400 miles from a dieing rural area to a thriving metropolis. SJA was hardly in a position to recruit. They had taken exactly one wrestler to state before Taylor enrolled. Those speculations are nothing short of completely stupid.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com