Originally Posted By: Contrarian
OK. Thanks. I stand corrected. But I still see no sports history for for a St Josephs or STA prior to 1992. Lots of Miege history.

What sport did Coach Mirocke coach and in what sport did he win 250 games?

I am pretty sure it would have to be football since it said they named the football field after him. It would make sense too with 250 divided by 41 seasons coming up with an average of 6.098 wins a year. Which is good but not particularly a dominating record. I think it does show the value of the long term service record of a coach that you can keep at a school long enough to build a program like this coach or Terry English Miege girls basketball and Gwen Pike Miege volleyball both of whom have been coaching there over thirty years in their programs. I think it would help any program public or private to have good coaches with many years in their programs.

You might be having a more difficult time finding earlier sports history on St. Joseph/Aquinas High School in the school's earlier years before 1988 than Miege either because they might not have as many state championships as Miege or possibly they may have been in a lower state classification than Miege due to lower enrollment in the years before the high school moved to Aquinas' current Overland Park location.

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions