Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17
Re: Would somebody please get Cokeley a sedative [Re: doug747] #168957 04/20/10 01:32 AM
G
GregMann Offline
G
We plant our tomatoes on Mother's Day weekend. I would like to have a small greenhouse so we could have fresh tomatoes year round.

Actually, Will, now that you mention I seem to remember a proposal a couple of years ago, the basic gist of which was as follows: greco & freestyle are very, very different than folkstyle and therefore, since they (greco & freestyle) were not KSHSAA sanctioned sports they did not fall under the purview of the KSHSAA. I thought it had a chance. . .might want to dust it off and take another run at it.

Greg Mann
Manhattan, KS
Re: Would somebody please get Cokeley a sedative [Re: GregMann] #168968 04/20/10 10:07 AM
S
smokeycabin Offline
S
I thought at one time some legislation passed for swimmers working with clubs in season and the same time as high school but other sports were not allowed to do the same. Why do the rules vary from activity to activity?

Re: Would somebody please get Cokeley a sedative [Re: GregMann] #168969 04/20/10 10:23 AM
H
Husker Fan Offline
H
Originally Posted By: GregMann
We plant our tomatoes on Mother's Day weekend. I would like to have a small greenhouse so we could have fresh tomatoes year round.

Actually, Will, now that you mention I seem to remember a proposal a couple of years ago, the basic gist of which was as follows: greco & freestyle are very, very different than folkstyle and therefore, since they (greco & freestyle) were not KSHSAA sanctioned sports they did not fall under the purview of the KSHSAA. I thought it had a chance. . .might want to dust it off and take another run at it.

That was the way I was suggesting last year that we should try to approach it under current KSHSAA rules. Maybe it would work this time.

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions

Re: Would somebody please get Cokeley a sedative [Re: Husker Fan] #168971 04/20/10 10:56 AM
WillyM Offline
RULE 4 of the KSHSAA Handbook: May be what Smokey and Husker were refering to--also agree that swimming may have had a special exception at one time-also some other sports-I remember at one time baseball was considerered an individual sport and the not effected by the "participation" "squad" restriction..

UNITED STATES OLYMPIC COMMITTEE-SPONSORED NATIONAL TRIALS AND COMPETITIONS
Section 1: General Regulations (apply to grades 7-12)
Art. 1: Notwithstanding the other rules of the KSHSAA,

a student may participate as an individual (not representing
his or her school) without loss of interscholastic eligibility:
a. as a member of a National Team (and the actual,
direct tryouts therefore), which is defined as one selected
by the national governing body of the sport on
a national qualification basis either through a defined
selective process or actual tryouts for the purpose of
international competition which requires the entries to
officially represent their respective nations, although it
is not necessary there be team scoring by nation; or

b. in an Olympic Development Program, which is defined
as a training program or competition:
(1) conducted or sponsored by the United States
Olympic Committee (USOC); or
(2) directly funded and conducted by the USOC
member national governing body (NGB) on a
national level (e.g. NGB national championship
competition and the direct qualifications
therefore); or

PROVIDED, HOWEVER, participation as described in
(a) and (b) above is an exception to the other rules of
the KSHSAA only if:
(1) the participation, if during the school year, is approved
by the student’s high school principal,and
the KSHSAA is notified in writing by the principal
at least 30 days prior to the start of the
program; and
(2) the student makes prior arrangement to complete
missed academic lessons, assignments and tests before the last day of classes of the credit grading period in which the student’s absence occurs; and
(3) the student misses no KSHSAA-sponsored postseason
athletic event involving a team in that sport.

Last edited by Contrarian; 04/20/10 11:00 AM.

Bill Mason Lansing
Re: Would somebody please get Cokeley a sedative [Re: GregMann] #168974 04/20/10 11:08 AM
WillyM Offline
When I buy my plants in late May, all that are left are "Leggy" plants--tall and spindly. Thats OK. Either dig a deep hole or a ternch and then bury the root ball and stem. All the hairs on the stem become more roots.

Bill Mason Lansing
Re: Would somebody please get Cokeley a sedative [Re: GregMann] #168975 04/20/10 11:09 AM
WillyM Offline
When I buy my plants in late May, all that are left are "Leggy" plants--tall and spindly. Thats OK. Either dig a deep hole or a ternch and then bury the root ball and stem. All the hairs on the stem become more roots.

Bill Mason Lansing
Re: Would somebody please get Cokeley a sedative [Re: Husker Fan] #168986 04/20/10 01:35 PM
G
GregMann Offline
G
Vince,

I may be remembering your suggestion or maybe it was also a proposal--can't remember clearly. May have grown some legs if presented (again).

Greg Mann
Manhattan, KS
Re: Would somebody please get Cokeley a sedative [Re: GregMann] #168988 04/20/10 02:06 PM
J
Jeremy Molloy Offline
J
If I remember right Vince compared it to a xcountry coach in the fall then being a track coach in the spring and coaching long distance runners.

Jeremy Molloy
Derby Wrestling
Re: Would somebody please get Cokeley a sedative [Re: Jeremy Molloy] #168997 04/20/10 04:24 PM
M
mfe Offline
M
Contrarion: You coming around. First, I thank you for your service to our country! 2nd. I apoligize for some of my harsh responses to you. 3rd. You know how to plant tomatoes! And, you must of grown up in the era that bologna was a treat because you bought that and it wasn't farm raised. I couldn't wait until harvest for bologna sandwiches for lunch. Now if we could get you to lean towards the libertarion or conservative side, the conversion will be complete.

Re: Would somebody please get Cokeley a sedative [Re: mfe] #169000 04/20/10 05:44 PM
WillyM Offline
Actually I am a registered Republican---but more of a moderate, a centrist, an independent. Can'tand won't go to the extreme--right or left.

Last edited by Contrarian; 04/20/10 05:46 PM.

Bill Mason Lansing
Re: Would somebody please get Cokeley a sedative [Re: GregMann] #169008 04/20/10 07:34 PM
X
XGHSWC Offline
X
Originally Posted By: GregMann

That is exactly how they got it by the association in Oklahoma, unless it has changed since I coached there in the early 90's.

Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 231 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,985
Posts250,444
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)