Originally Posted By: Tyson Schreiner
XGHSWC, here is a question for you. Cass Steele wrestles for Jeff West High, his freshman year he took 5th at state at 103. His sophmore year he broke his foot, and it pretty much ended his year. Last year, which was his junior year, his arm was completely broke in half in a match early in the year, and ruined his season again. This year he will be wrestling 145. Cass has beat, including Bo Pursel, the first 8 wrestlers in Quagmeir's 125lb. ranking, not to mention many others. Do you think he should be ranked?
I don't think so.

Howdy again Tyson.
Sorry for the belated response again, I have been away.

As for your question, I cannot say. I am not the "ranker" here so it doesn't matter I guess. I am fully aware of Steele. He is one of those kids I have been watching for 10 years. I do know he is dang good and probably good enough to be ranked but should he be? Not for me to say but probably not because he has been out some time. Plus, he will get his opportunity to prove were he is at now.
I am confused though as to why you have asked me this question. Completely unrelated to any of my comments, not a good comparison if that is what you were doing. I was talking about a kid that has wrestled straight through, the last 10 years. Also has done the Classic and the Kids State series every year, won it this year in the high school division at 120. Has wrestled FS. And has been to Brute the last two years placing 5th and 3rd.

Thanks again.

Last edited by XGHSWC; 10/13/10 03:16 PM.