[quote=Ben Dover}

Maybe you could compare and contrast this level of perceived “criticism” to the level of criticism you have displayed in some of your past posts pertaining to KHSHAA, Rick Bowden, 321A, or other target of your interest. I’ve not seen any mean spirited out of line post regarding anyone choosing to rank wrestlers, just a few good natured jabs at the process. I guess you have never seen ESPN personalities discuss the BCS system?

Don’t get me wrong here, I agree with a lot of your past posts and you certainly have every right to post whatever opinion you choose. Keep them coming! But you will have to forgive me for not using you as my moral compass on what I can “criticize” or to what level that criticism reaches.
[/quote]

Bend Over Steve Earle,

I am not opposed to criticism of the rankings as in the order. I am opposed to those who say there should be NO RANKINGS. The arguements over who should be ranked where are great promotion just like the BCS bantering you pointed out. Great stuff.

As far as me being a moral compass, I am not trying to be one. I simply pointed out that it is GOOD to have a person who will dedicate the time and effort to seek the facts and assemble the rankings. We should be thankful.

I do enjoy attacking the aforementioned groups and probably won't refrain but it is always in the spirit of making changes to improve the sport. If you are not changing then you are falling behind. The three areas you mentioned are out of date, obsolete and counterproductive to improvement. We should be wrestling our HS state tournaments in one building. The fact that only 17 6A schools worth of students attend the 228 321A schools should be ridiculous enough to everyone that I should not have to say a word but I will, intramural like smile. Rick Bowden, he hates wrestling and his job. Have you ever seen him smile at a wrestling tournament? No way!

As far as order of rank, criticize away but don't ask for the rankings to stop and say that rankings don't have a place on the forum.

Last edited by Cokeley; 10/14/10 01:55 PM.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com