Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Weights for Subs and Districts [Re: BLT] #186844 03/15/11 03:43 PM
BLT Offline OP
OP Offline
This rule is NOT being enforced again this year!
Not all the actual weights were posted. And the are kids that outside the allowed weight varience!
How will this be adressed?

Re: Weights for Subs and Districts [Re: BLT] #186847 03/15/11 05:18 PM
Beeson Offline
Lance, I know for a fact this rule was enforced last year. You and I neither one know for a fact it is no being enforce this year. Inform the Directors if you think something is amiss. I am sure they will handle it. But please quit whining about it.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: Weights for Subs and Districts [Re: Beeson] #186850 03/15/11 09:40 PM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
Originally Posted By: Beeson
Lance, I know for a fact this rule was enforced last year. You and I neither one know for a fact it is no being enforce this year. Inform the Directors if you think something is amiss. I am sure they will handle it. But please quit whining about it.
Were an individual to provide me with specific information I will gladly investigate the matter, however a blanket statement on an internet talk forum by an anonymous source does not require a response.

RichardDSalyer@sbcglobal.net

Richard D. Salyer
Re: Weights for Subs and Districts [Re: RichardDSalyer] #186893 03/16/11 02:34 PM
BLT Offline OP
OP Offline
Chad
I will post and comment on any topic I wish.
I dont think Im whining, but even if I was,I think I have a legitimate concern here.

You dont see me telling you to stop acting like a jerk when you belittle people on here.

Were the rules up held in D2 last year? Yes! Did I show where they were not in other districts? Yes!

Are the issues this year? Yes!

Richard
You have been mailed!

Lance Tracy

Re: Weights for Subs and Districts [Re: BLT] #186900 03/16/11 04:54 PM
Beeson Offline
Originally Posted By: BLT
Are the issues this year? Yes!

If there are, you were whining about it instead of addressing it. I question your reason for making sure the rules are enforced, not the fact that the rules should be enforced.

Re: Weights for Subs and Districts [Re: BLT] #186902 03/16/11 04:57 PM
H
HEADUP Offline
H

You dont see me telling you to stop acting like a jerk when you belittle people on here.

Lance Tracy

maybe not to beeson, but you told richard pretty good earlier on this very topic. smile.

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"
Re: Weights for Subs and Districts [Re: Beeson] #186919 03/16/11 11:47 PM
BLT Offline OP
OP Offline
I have made posts, sent pms and now I have sent emails
My motivation...
Last year you, we, D2 (whatever word you want to use) followed the rules and made sure kids were in the right weight class. If we would of left it alone then my son would of went to state. We wrestled 285 all year and wanted to wrestle that class but were forced to wrestle another weight class.
When ask why we were held to that accountability and other were not I was told cause its the rules.
Well... if you, we, D2 (whatever word you want to use) are going to be held accountable then everyone should.

Re: Weights for Subs and Districts [Re: HEADUP] #186920 03/17/11 12:59 AM
BLT Offline OP
OP Offline
Headup
Good point!
Thanks for keeping me in line!

Re: Weights for Subs and Districts [Re: BLT] #186921 03/17/11 01:43 AM
P
Packerholic492 Offline
P
Hey Mr. BLT,

Hold the mayo! LOL give me some mustard instead an onion on my sandwich. Don't know why you are crying about weights at 285lbs.

D1=5 wrestlers
D2=5 wrestlers
D3=2 wrestlers
D4=2 wrestlers

total = 14 wrestlers but only 12 get to go to state let all 14 go. who cares at least they're staying active. Why are u so worried about weight at 285lbs.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Weights for Subs and Districts [Re: Packerholic492] #186923 03/17/11 01:56 AM
Hossus Offline
Packerholic et al,

Because it is cheating, doesn't matter how many go or not. Even you ought to be able to see the difference. However, your attitude in your statement above shows how some people don't really care about the rules. I deal with this all the time with my son being turned away at tournaments because of the weight variance issue. However, when the situation is reversed it is percieved as whining. It is a double standard.

Fortune assists the daring.
Re: Weights for Subs and Districts [Re: Packerholic492] #186924 03/17/11 01:59 AM
P
Packerholic492 Offline
P
Hey Mr. Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato(BLT)(LOL),

I looked at the HS 250lb. and 285lb. at all the subs. and didn't see any problems with weights. Maybe a few could of lost a few pounds and maybe they didn't want to. Maybe they just want to go out and have fun and eat and not worry about weight!! Did you ever think about that!!! I don't see any rules being broken.

Re: Weights for Subs and Districts [Re: Packerholic492] #186926 03/17/11 02:41 AM
BLT Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey Mr Packer
1st Not all subs posted weights as they were instructed to so you cant check them all.

Secondly
Its not about being over weight, its about being too far under!
Someone weighing 220lbs can not wrestle 285 according to USA Wrestling. The max weight allowance at the HS level is 35 pounds.
If we were to allow someone to wrestle outside that varience would be the same as letting someone over the max weight.
Either way its a violation of the rules and would makes our state wrestling tournament an unsanctioned event!!

Personally I dont care if a 175 pounder wanted to wrestle 285. I think it should be their choice. But what upsets me is when some people inforce the rules for some and some dont. When some people inforce certain rules and not others.

Abide by the rules!!! Whos going to argue with that?

Re: Weights for Subs and Districts [Re: BLT] #186929 03/17/11 02:58 AM
Beeson Offline
Personally I think it is Chicken Crap for any Father, Coach or Director to tell a kid to sign up for a heavier weight so they can be a state qualifier. If there are not enough competitors just bump up a weight and you will be a state qualifier, instead of wrestling your weight. Preparing the path for the child instead of the child for the path.

That said, if you think something is amiss contact the proper authority and have them look into it. Coming on a talk forum and complaining without giving proof is also Chicken Crap. It's a good thing that we have these green eyed dads checking up on everyone, now if they could just report it properly. I am all for following the rules, just not the whining.

Re: Weights for Subs and Districts [Re: Beeson] #186935 03/17/11 05:06 AM
BLT Offline OP
OP Offline
Chad
I have reported it and am waiting to see if something will be done.
We were wrestling OUR weight!
The 250 pound HS class was new to us. We had the same thought process as alot of heavy weights, wrestle our class, the same class we wrestled all year, 285. Plus we had 2 HS Heavy weights and was trying to split them up so we could get as many kids as possible to state.
It wasnt a walk to state and you know it.
Your telling me if Jake lost a state match cause say... His shoe laces were not taped. But the kid on the very next mat or match didnt have his shoe laces taped. A rule that we both know of but is never enforced.
Are you saying you wouldnt raise cane and make sure that rule was enforced EQUALLY?
Im doing the same thing here!

Re: Weights for Subs and Districts [Re: BLT] #186941 03/17/11 09:23 AM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
Chad
I have reported it and am waiting to see if something will be done.
What you reported was several wrestler names and the weights which were reported for their sub-district weigh-in. The information was just that, information. Do you have any information that the weights were entered incorrectly?

Whatever a wrestler weighed at the Wichita Classic has no bearing on the weigh-in for sub-districts. A wrestler who weighed in at 240 lbs. at the Classic might have a 4.2% weight gain and weigh-in at 250 lbs.

Chad
We were wrestling OUR weight!
Last year your child weighed approximately 225 / 230 lbs. (226.8 at Wichita Classic and 228.8 at sub-district) and you wished to enter him at 285 lbs. I asked if he could make 215 lbs. and you replied NO and I told you to enter him at 250 lbs. You failed to follow the instructions and entered your wrestler at 285 lbs.! When the error was discovered, you failed to inform Chad you were told not to enter 285 lbs. and your wrestler was moved to 250 lbs. by claiming a clerical error on behalf of the tournament director when in fact it was deliberate on your behalf. As you will recall, I justified my decision by informing you of the potential of your wrestler having to forfeit all matches if a wrestler weighed more than 35 lbs. than your child.

Chad
The 250 pound HS class was new to us.
And whose fault is that?

Chad
We had the same thought process as alot of heavy weights, wrestle our class, the same class we wrestled all year, 285.
The other heavyweight from your team did not have that "thought process" as he entered in the 250 lb. weight classification and weighed-in at 248.80.

Chad
Plus we had 2 HS Heavy weights and was trying to split them up so we could get as many kids as possible to state.
Agreed!

Chad
It wasnt a walk to state and you know it.
That is exactly what your motivation was. You were fully aware there was no one from your sub-district entered in the 285 lb. classification. As I recall, at the seeding meeting you stated to me your wrestler could not beat his teammate, and you would like to move the wrestler up. It appears from the data the teammate easily could have qualified for the 285 lb. weight class also qualified for state. You were looking for the easiest route for your child to qualify for state.

Richard D. Salyer
Re: Weights for Subs and Districts [Re: BLT] #186943 03/17/11 09:46 AM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
But what upsets me is when some people inforce the rules for some and some dont. When some people inforce certain rules and not others.
What am I guilty of now?

Richard D. Salyer
Re: Weights for Subs and Districts [Re: RichardDSalyer] #186948 03/17/11 11:38 AM
BLT Offline OP
OP Offline
You were guilty of following the rules to the tee!
The problem was that other subs did not hold people accountable like we did.

Originally Posted By: RichardDSalyer
But what upsets me is when some people inforce the rules for some and some dont. When some people inforce certain rules and not others.
What am I guilty of now?

Re: Weights for Subs and Districts [Re: RichardDSalyer] #186963 03/17/11 02:01 PM
BLT Offline OP
OP Offline

Whatever a wrestler weighed at the Wichita Classic has no bearing on the weigh-in for sub-districts. A wrestler who weighed in at 240 lbs. at the Classic might have a 4.2% weight gain and weigh-in at 250 lbs.

I also reported to you people that were outside the allowed varience.
I also showed you where it looked suspicious that people weights were entered in at EXACTLY minimum allowed weight.
I also reported to you that one sub did not report weight like they were required to!
I also said that I did not check every age and weight class. Thats your guys job, not mine!

and you wished to enter him at 285 lbs. I asked if he could make 215 lbs. and you replied NO and I told you to enter him at 250 lbs. You failed to follow the instructions and entered your wrestler at 285 lbs.! When the error was discovered, you failed to inform Chad you were told not to enter 285 lbs. and your wrestler was moved to 250 lbs. by claiming a clerical error on behalf of the tournament director when in fact it was deliberate on your behalf. As you will recall, I justified my decision by informing you of the potential of your wrestler having to forfeit all matches if a wrestler weighed more than 35 lbs. than your child.

This is so far from the truth... or maybe your just unable to recall!
We never had a conversation about him going 215!
Everyone at that meeting was all big on filling brackets, just like D1. We all (you, me, and chad and maybe a few others) sat around and talked about if it was a rules violation for him to wrestle that weight. You said you thought it was and some of us disagreed with you because we were justifing it with HS rules. But no one was 100% sure so we allowed the change!
Never did we claim a "clerical error"! We were called and told that an error was made by allowing us to switch weight classes and we had to switch back. We were also told that we were not allowed any seeding criteria. So we took the last seed and ended up taking 3rd!
We had 2 heavy weights and we gave the heavier of the weights the choice as to what class he wanted to go especially since he had a better HS record. He chose 250 so the other HWT took 285. The same class we had wrestled all year in HS. The 250 class was new to everyone! We were simply trying to separate wrestlers so one would not possibly keep another one from going. Never did I say to you that one was better then the other.

The other heavyweight from your team did not have that "thought process" as he entered in the 250 lb. weight classification and weighed-in at 248.80.

Who are you to say what his thought process was... You have never even met the kid!

Chad
Plus we had 2 HS Heavy weights and was trying to split them up so we could get as many kids as possible to state.
Agreed!

Wow we agree on something!

That is exactly what your motivation was. You were fully aware there was no one from your sub-district entered in the 285 lb. classification. As I recall, at the seeding meeting you stated to me your wrestler could not beat his teammate, and you would like to move the wrestler up. It appears from the data the teammate easily could have qualified for the 285 lb. weight class also qualified for state. You were looking for the easiest route for your child to qualify for state.

My motivation was and is to educate as many kids as I can about the sport of wrestling. To help as many kids as I can reach their goals of being a state champion. If its my child or anyone elses I treat all the kids in our club the same. If anything Im tougher on mine. I would of done the same thing for any of our wrestlers. We didnt pick the easy route, we took the route the other wrestler didnt want to take.

So here I stand... All I want is for the rules to be upheld consistantly.
Richard
Im still moved by the little speech you made at the district seeding meeting about "rules and no gray areas"
I guess Im out of line. I dont want anyone to miss a chance on going to state.
You guys do what you want or what suits you best. It seems thats what you do anyways!

Re: Weights for Subs and Districts [Re: BLT] #187027 03/18/11 11:57 AM
H
HEADUP Offline
H
BLT i think questioning the rules and accusing someone of cheating are two very different things.

this one is a tough one to prove, at this time.

i'm sorry but i don't see where it is richard's fault that you can't prove your case.

you are right consistency is key in every aspect of rules, laws, and how we handle things. everyone should be innocent until proven guilty even in kids wrestling.

it looks to me like richard has at least looked into this, for that you should be thankful. i feel that it's unfair that you feel that they "just do what they want anyways"

as upsetting as it may be for some one in a similar situation as yours, prioritizing is also key when dealing with such matters.

the directors have a difficult job, and must prioritize, when it comes to issues STATE WIDE. this rule affects the HWT wrestlers, maybe a few light weights, but seriously doubt it. the HWT class makes up a small portion of the KS wrestling community. don't give up keep working on this, but remember communication and education are the only way to get this throughout the entire state. staying respectful won't hurt either.

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 323 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,979
Posts250,431
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)