Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: John Johnson] #183130 02/19/11 06:30 AM
nix Offline
Originally Posted By: John Johnson
Are we scared!!!

going to go out on a limb here. and say thats probaly not it.

"Saints should always be judged guilty until they are proved innocent"

jeff nix
620-214-0433
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: nix] #183131 02/19/11 06:51 AM
nix Offline
i think in regards to the 8 from hugoton we can and maybe should make an exception for this year and this year only and allow them to wrestle in the state tournamnet ONLY IF,

THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED TO WRESTLE IN THE OKLAHOMA STATE TOURNAMENT DUE TO WRESTLING FOR A KANSAS CLUB. IF THEY ARE ALLOWED TO WRESTLE IN THE OKLAHOMA STATE TOURNAMENT THEN NO THEY SHOULD NOT WRESTLE IN OUR STATE TOURNAMENT.

THIS EXCEPTION SHOULD ONLY BE MADE THIS YEAR ONLY AND ONLY FOR THESE 8 KIDS.

then let all kansas clubs know that even know they may have out of state kids practiceing with them and wrestling under there club, that they will not be allowed to wrestle in our state tournament unless they live here in kansas. that way there can not be no misunderstanding's in the future.

the key word is live in kansas, you could get a p.o. box in kansas and say hey we live here. you probaly would get away with it and no one would ever know. but that still would not make it right.

and don't get me wrong i do feel bad for you people that are located in the pan handle and near kansas borders you probaly are good people with great kids nothing against any of you. this is just my opinion.

Last edited by nix; 02/19/11 06:55 AM.

jeff nix
620-214-0433
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: RichardDSalyer] #183134 02/19/11 08:17 AM
nix Offline
Originally Posted By: RichardDSalyer

If these wrestlers were misinformed back in October by the Hugoton Club, the problem lies with the Hugoton Club.

As I recall, three years ago the Hugoton Club requested an Oklahoma wrestler be allowed to participate in the Championship Series and was denied. My recollection is that last year was the first season in which the Oklahoma wrestler's petition to participate in the Championship Series was approved, by a very slim margin at the Executive Council meeting. This year, Districts 1, 2 and 3 voted unanimously to not allow out of state wrestlers to participate.

we have MaM saying they were allowed to enter kansas state all 3 years i just want to know were they? richard says 1 year no, next year yes, and this year no.

just how do you decide. i mean 1 year no 2nd year yes 3rd year no. is it a flip of the coin. i could see no, no, and no. i mean how do you decide what years they can enter and what years they can't. i got it odd years they can't even years they can?

sry guys to ramble on, it's late and my mind is going in circles nothing is makeing sense, why would you even let them in last year after saying no the year before. sounds like your just playing games with these folks.

ALL IN ALL THEY SHOULD HAVE NEVER BE ALLOWED TO TAKE PART OF OUR STATE TOUNAMENT ANYWAY!!! WHAT WERE THEY THINKING BY ALLOWING IT TO HAPPEN IN THE FIRST PLACE?!?!?! SOMEONE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG HAS IT OR HAS IN NOT ALWAYS BEEN KANSAS STATE TOURNAMENT!!! AND NOT KANSAS, OKLAHOMA, MISSOURI, COLORADO STATE TOURNAMENT???

HECK LET THEM ALL IN AND WE WON'T CALL IT A STATE TOURNAMENT WE WILL CALL IT (WHEATLAND NATIONALS) OR (OZ NATIONALS) BAM THERE WE NOW GO WE GET THAT NATIONAL TOURNAMENT HERE PROBLEM SOLVED. AND INSTEAD OF GIVING OUT A GOLDEN CORNCOB LIKE IOWA WE WILL GIVE OUT A GOLDEN WHEAT STOCK TO THE WINNERS. AND FOR THE BEST KID IN THAT AGE GROUP WE WILL GIVE OUT A GOLDEN TOTO DOG. AND THE BEST TEAM WILL GET A GOLDEN DORTHY. LETS EVEN LAY OUT A GOLDEN BRICK ROAD TO THE PODIUM FOR THE KIDS. THE REF'S COULD DRESS UP AS THE SCARECROW AND THE LION, LADY REF'S COULD DRESS UP AS THE WITCHES. I AM JUST SAYIN

NOW YOU OAKIE'S NOW KNOW WHAT TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION FEEL'S LIKE. GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL ON THIS OUTCOME.

Last edited by nix; 02/19/11 09:38 AM.

jeff nix
620-214-0433
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: nix] #183137 02/19/11 10:04 AM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
Jeff:

It is entirely possible I may have my dates confused and perhaps it was in 2008 we did not allow the Oklahoma wrestlers to compete and the board in a close vote, did allow their participation in 2009 and 2010. Again, our Constitution is very clear on the petition process for out of state kids and there was NO promise made in October to allow participation in the KANSAS Kids State Tournament.

One of the quirks of our board is District 4, do to their geographic size has one additional voting member than the other three districts. Districts 1, 2, and 3 have greater population numbers.

Richard D. Salyer
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: nix] #183138 02/19/11 10:07 AM
M
momof5 Offline
M
Originally Posted By: nix
i think in regards to the 8 from hugoton we can and maybe should make an exception for this year and this year only and allow them to wrestle in the state tournamnet ONLY IF,

THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED TO WRESTLE IN THE OKLAHOMA STATE TOURNAMENT DUE TO WRESTLING FOR A KANSAS CLUB. IF THEY ARE ALLOWED TO WRESTLE IN THE OKLAHOMA STATE TOURNAMENT THEN NO THEY SHOULD NOT WRESTLE IN OUR STATE TOURNAMENT.

THIS EXCEPTION SHOULD ONLY BE MADE THIS YEAR ONLY AND ONLY FOR THESE 8 KIDS.

then let all kansas clubs know that even know they may have out of state kids practiceing with them and wrestling under there club, that they will not be allowed to wrestle in our state tournament unless they live here in kansas. that way there can not be no misunderstanding's in the future.

the key word is live in kansas, you could get a p.o. box in kansas and say hey we live here. you probaly would get away with it and no one would ever know. but that still would not make it right.

and don't get me wrong i do feel bad for you people that are located in the pan handle and near kansas borders you probaly are good people with great kids nothing against any of you. this is just my opinion.

I am the mother of 3 of these 8 wrestlers that were voted out no for state this year...richerad is wrong ....this is our 3rd year to be a part of the hougoton club....and one of my sons participated in the state tournament 2 years already....so no....we did not get voted out one year...and then last year a no...its been a yes......yes.......than. a no.!!!!!!! And as for wrestling in oklahoma. State tournament.....we have never even been to a regular one..... we travel with our club....hougoton.

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: RichardDSalyer] #183139 02/19/11 10:16 AM
M
momof5 Offline
M
Yes sir u do have your dates mixed up....because again I am the mother of 3 of these wrestlers that they said no to....and my son has participated in the kansas state tournament for the past two years!!!!! The hougoton club has not informed us any wrong....the same 4 families have been with the hougoton club for the past 2 years...this will be the 3rd season....no more no less.!!! The club has done no bad....and has taken us in as their own...wonderful ppl...and part of our wrestling family.....

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: RichardDSalyer] #183141 02/19/11 10:28 AM
M
momof5 Offline
M
well u recall wrong then because two years in a row my boy has participaed in the kansas state tournament...my boys are the 3 of those 8 boys fron hougoton.and to clear it up ....no the club did not misinform us....we were told by the board directly that it would be voted on again this january....but this was our 3rd year with hougoton so we never guessed we would have gotten denied ...being they aproved the same8 pp Ppl (no more no less)two years prior....

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: RichardDSalyer] #183142 02/19/11 10:39 AM
M
momof5 Offline
M
Yes when we got our cards in october they did tell us it would get voted on again in january..a year to year basis they said. But we were approved for the last 2 years....so this year it was shocking to my boys.~and to clear it up....their is shocked problem with the club in informing us....if blam needs to be made but it on the 4 families...the club has been wonderful in. Letting us in....

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: nix] #183143 02/19/11 10:47 AM
M
momof5 Offline
M
Just to reply to getting a po box.....yeah we could have just done that and gotten away with it....but we did not ...we have been upfront with the board ....this is our 3rd season...and. we were honsest every yr we purchased our cards along side our hougoton club...this is what u get for being honest!!!!!

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: momof5] #183144 02/19/11 11:07 AM
nix Offline
momof5,

like i said i am against letting any out of state kids enter our tournament, but in your guy's case if i had any say so i would let you finish the season out. but i don't i am just a pee on in there world.

heres how i feel it should have been done. since they made the mistake of letting you 2 years in a row and start the season again this year. they should have allowed you to finish this year at our state tournament. then informed you starting next year it would not be allowed.

i will never know why they even started letting other kids in our state tournament, but thats not your fault nor your clubs fault. it would entirely be the boards fault on this one. they made a mistake by allowing it in the first place and made a mistake by not allowing you to finish this year. just my opinion

Last edited by nix; 02/19/11 11:07 AM.

jeff nix
620-214-0433
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: powercat1] #183260 02/19/11 10:27 PM
L
lylegeyer Offline
L
They have wrestled for a ks club for 3 yrs, let them wrestle. This is crazy. It only makes Ks. better. It's not like they are double dipping and going to Ok. state also.
They supposedly can't. So where do these kids get to wrestle state at????

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: nix] #183267 02/19/11 11:34 PM
M
Mark J Stanley Offline
M
There were many reasons for this rule...it is primarily to allow kids in boarder communities an opportunity to petition the Board for participation. It also is an avenue for parents with divided residency...where the custodial parent lives out of sate a chance to petition the board to allow an exception. One issue with a rule that is not "black in white", is the uncertainty that it brings. New members of the Board are elected each year...viewpoints on this issue are wide ranging. Those on the board last year and this year were troubled by letting in the Guymon folks...not because there was something wrong with them. I believe they are good people. They just do not reside in KS and they do not attend school here. Last year the vote was very close…with several of those voting in favor (including myself) ultimately saying that last year would be the last year we would vote in favor of letting this group wrestle the State series….the thought was let them finish the year and then that was it; now it is a year later and many are using the same arguments. Last summer, a member who was not on the board petitioned the board to change the bylaws to only allow participation if the wrestlers were residents of the state of KS or attend school here...the change would have basically stripped the board of the authority to allow the exception in any case. The Board voted to send this petition on to the State Body with a recommendation that the bylaws be changed. The State Body voted to leave things as they were. In which case, any individual that wanted to wrestle in the State series who was not a resident of KS or did not attend school here would have to petition the board for a waiver. They Guymon wrestlers did provide the Board with a petition and in January at the Boards winter meeting a vote was taken to not allow participation of the wrestles in question.

Two points of emphasis should be, if the Body would have voted to change the bylaws as requested there would have been clarity of this issue. Second, the Board sent many signals that the politics of this issue were changing prior to our winter meeting. The very close vote in 2010 and the Board recomendation that the bilaws be changed are two very powerfull clues into how the vote in January would go.

I want to make one important point. No one is saying the Guymon club can’t associate with a club in KS. No one is saying they can’t buy USA cards in KS. NO one is saying they can’t practice with KS Clubs or attend KS tournaments. All we are saying by our decision is that they are not eligible to participate in the KANSAS State tournament (at least not this year). In fact, while I cannot speak for the rest of the Board, I personally hope these kids continue to wrestle and I hope their parents bring them to Kansas to wrestle as often as they want…just not at the 2011 State tournament.

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: nix] #183273 02/20/11 12:02 AM
P
Purple_Freak Offline
P
Not to rain on anyone's parade but simply having a PO box in a state does not establish residency.

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: Purple_Freak] #183277 02/20/11 12:35 AM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Can someone refresh my memory, didn't the admendment carry by a majority vote but failed to reach the 2/3 required for adoption?

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: sportsfan02] #183285 02/20/11 12:55 AM
nix Offline
how as a board can you justify picking and choseing what years border wrestlers can or cannot enter the tournament. either you let them all the time, or none of the time. don't play games with these folks it's not right.

as for the custodial parent living in another state, i won't even waste my time on that one why it does not make no sence.
if someone can't figure out why let me know and i will take the time to explain

jeff nix
620-214-0433
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: nix] #183294 02/20/11 01:13 AM
nix Offline
BREAKING NEWS,

MY WIFE JUST INFORMED ME THAT WE HAVE ADOPTED 8 OKLAHOMA KIDS. AND IF I AM RIGHT WE DO LIVE IN KANSAS.

jeff nix
620-214-0433
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: MaM7] #183307 02/20/11 01:37 AM
S
smokeycabin Offline
S
I thought the state body did vote on this issue in November or October.

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: smokeycabin] #183319 02/20/11 01:58 AM
M
Mark J Stanley Offline
M
Sportsfan02 and Smokeycabin

The body voted on the bylaw change at our Fall meeting. The majority of the clubs present voted to amend the bylaws to only alow Kansas residents or wrestlers who atttend school in the state of KS without exception. However, the majority failed to meet the 2/3 requirement to adopt the bylaw change. The status quo leaves the decison of whether to grant an exception in the hands of the Executive Board.

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: smokeycabin] #183323 02/20/11 02:07 AM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Yes we did!

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: Mark J Stanley] #183325 02/20/11 02:10 AM
RodeoRef Offline
Just want to give a shout out to the Hugoton wrestling club and their "adopted" wrestlers. They have been honest and up front on everything they have done. I say let them wrestle!!! Good discussion for both sides, but ultimately we are hurting the kids. I thought we were in this business to help kids. Once again East Kansas is throwing their weight around to those of us in the West.

Troy...keep up the good work with the kids down there. I know you are a great coach and run a very respectable program.

Garrett Panzer
Lakin Bronc Wrestling
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 389 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,977
Posts250,428
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)