Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: nix] #183326 02/20/11 02:12 AM
M
Mark J Stanley Offline
M
Originally Posted By: nix
how as a board can you justify picking and choseing what years border wrestlers can or cannot enter the tournament. either you let them all the time, or none of the time. don't play games with these folks it's not right.

as for the custodial parent living in another state, i won't even waste my time on that one why it does not make no sence.
if someone can't figure out why let me know and i will take the time to explain

Nix I don't think it can be justified. That is why I support the amendment to NOT allow exceptions at all. As it stands now, I have to use my best judgment in these matters when I cast my vote...as do the other board members. The majority of the board felt that the situation surrounding the Guymon wrestler(s) did not warrant an exemption. I will say that I was asked along with the other board members on appeal if I would reconsider. I do not think anyone on the board changed their vote on appeal. I am sympathetic to the wrestlers, but one board’s decisions in matters concerning exceptions should not bind future boards by precedent.

One question for you...just how many OUT OF STATE wrestlers are you willing to admit to the USAWKS State Tournament?

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: Mark J Stanley] #183329 02/20/11 02:19 AM
RodeoRef Offline
One question for you...just how many OUT OF STATE wrestlers are you willing to admit to the USAWKS State Tournament?

Exactly...this is what they get for being honest and running a reputable program? Things that make you go Hmmm.

Garrett Panzer
Lakin Bronc Wrestling
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: RodeoRef] #183333 02/20/11 02:35 AM
K
Kandy Offline
K
To Nix....
Congrats on the newest additions to your family! It is so wonderful to see people willing to adopt kids in need! laugh

IMO...let them wrestle. They've been wrestling as a KS team all season, they're not going to compete in OK state... They're obviously invested in KS wrestling, so let them wrestle!!

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: RodeoRef] #183337 02/20/11 02:40 AM
M
Mark J Stanley Offline
M
RodeoRef

I never said anyone did anything wrong...I just posed a question that is at the heart of this issue and I did not mean it in a rhetorical way. Do you want to answer the question? Do we cut it off at the 8 Guymon wrestlers? What if they have another family in Guymon that wants to join Hugoton next year..do we include them next year? What about the family that live is KCMO whose uncle coaches in a KS club and the family wants him to wrestle in KS...do we include him? How about the kids in Fall City NE, Burlington CO, St Joe MO, and Bartlesville OK...where is your line in the sand? Do you have one?

The Executive Board has been struggling with this issue for several years. We did not make a decision on a whim. Having been associated with the folks on the board for a few years now, I will say that all of your representatives are reasonable men and women willing to listen to other reasonable men and woman. I appreciate the discussion and I hope my questions will only spawn more lively debate. I know this issue is very personal to some of you. Try to step back and debate the issue without the emotion. I know that discussions on this forrum help shape my opinion on matters; as I am sure it does the other board members.

Mark Stanley

Last edited by Mark J Stanley; 02/20/11 02:41 AM.
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: Mark J Stanley] #183380 02/20/11 08:08 AM
nix Offline
Originally Posted By: Mark J Stanley

Nix I don't think it can be justified. That is why I support the amendment to not allow exceptions at all.

like my other post, i am 100% against letting out of state wrestlers enter our state tournament. and i am with you on the 100% not to allow exceptions at all period. if you don't live in kansas you are not part of our state tourney.

all i am saying is these 8 oakies, have already been allowed 2 years in a row. ( THAT SHOULD HAVE NEVER HAPPENED IN THE FIRST PLACE ) to let them finish the season out. then implement the no exeptions rule. and then never to allow it again.

i am not rallying for me or these kids parents, i am rallying for these kids. they worked very hard to get where there at to have there dreams crushed in the middle of the season.

mark i have the up most respect for you and all the other board members and my comments are not meant to show any disrespect.

i just wish this would have been handled in the start of the season, instead of giving the signals, they should have just been told upfront it is not going to happen..

well i have said my peace, so good luck to you oklahoma wrestlers next year on getting to the oklahoma state tournament. tell the kids to keep there head held high.

"Saints should always be judged guilty until they are proved innocent"

jeff nix
620-214-0433
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: nix] #183387 02/20/11 09:42 AM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
Originally Posted By: nix
to let them finish the season out. then implement the no exeptions rule. and then never to allow it again.

We did that, only it began last year! For all of the bleeding hearts out there, I would ask, how many Kansas kids are wrestling in neighboring state tournaments?

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: sportsfan02] #183390 02/20/11 11:01 AM
nix Offline
the neighboring states probaly have never allowed it to begin with. i don't know how it begin last year, please tell us.

as i recall at the start of the wrestleing season 2010, they say they sent them signals that it probaly would not be allowed. but finally said no in january 2011 that would be this year.

they were allowed last year so what really began last year.

i am glad you feel it's ok to play games with these folks, and smash these kids dream. aint bleeding hearts beeson's line?

jeff nix
620-214-0433
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: nix] #183392 02/20/11 11:27 AM
nix Offline
and if you mean by, we did that, only it began with last year!
that we did let them wrestle our state by making an exeption but no longer are we going to allow it.

then the proper thing would have been to tell them that at the start of the season not sending them signals.

thus giving them the opportunity to set things up with there own state tourny.

if they would have been upfront at the start of the season with these folks we would not be having this conversation.

jeff nix
620-214-0433
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: nix] #183404 02/20/11 06:00 PM
S
sportsfan02 Offline
S
"Last year" > current wrestling season

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: sportsfan02] #183412 02/20/11 07:34 PM
T
Troy Brunson Offline
T
First of all we want to thank Kansas for their support, the last 3 seasons most of all Hugoton Wrestling Club for making us part of there family.

Being born & raised in Garden City Ks wrestling became a part of my life in the 7th grade and wrestled through High School. Even though I never made it to State or anything I learned that everyone involved had a great since of respect for each other and a sense of togetherness I needed as a young man. So with all that bieng said I decided to start a program in Guymon. There has never been wrestling in Guymon but there were kids that showed interest in the sport.

We just practiced and went to Beginner tournaments. After a few years of this there were a few kids that really loved the sport so I researched the USA wrestling Organization. We then joined and looked at where we could best fit in. Kansas was the place do to schedule of other Sports and Geographic location. Okalahoma Tournaments being so far away we could not afford to travel atleast 51/2 hrs. every weekend to a tournament. So bought are Cards in Kansas because we could go to a tournament every weekend and travel 21/2 to 31/2 hrs. We then requested permission to Wrestle in the championships in Kansas and we were granted that due to the criteria that there was nothing else out here for our kids.

So we become very involved with are new home club Hugoton working and helping at every practice and tournament we went to
including Subs & District and last yr. my wife worked a State table. By the way the coffee cups you gave the table workers last year were great my wife and I argue everyday on who gets to take it. With all this being said we believe we are Kansans and it would mean so much to these kids if you would let them finish this season. One other thing because of the distance to the Oklahoma tournaments if we are not allowed to wrestle in Kansas our kids will probably not wrestle anymore and we love promoting the sport of wrestling.

Sorry for the book but just wanted to give everyone a look at our situation.

Thank You
Troy Brunson

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: Troy Brunson] #183457 02/20/11 10:29 PM
L
luellen Offline
L
Wrestle in kansas. Practice in kansas. Wrestle state in oklahoma. From the outside looking in quitting dont seem like a a logical answer. It does seem like you have a special case. I would not like it, or think it fair for my boy (or any kansas wrestler) to have to wrestle a oklahoma kid in the state tourny. Hope all works out & your kids continue wrestling.

Last edited by luellen; 02/21/11 12:03 AM.

Lazy hands make for poverty,
but diligent hands bring wealth.
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: luellen] #183468 02/20/11 11:47 PM
T
Troy Brunson Offline
T
I understand that we have looked into all our options, we are still playing football when Oklahoma is wrestling. That doesn't give our boys much time under there belt when Oklahoma State comes around.

Thank You
Troy Brunson

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: Troy Brunson] #183479 02/21/11 01:22 AM
R
RichardDSalyer Offline
R
Originally Posted By: Troy Brunson
I understand that we have looked into all our options, we are still playing football when Oklahoma is wrestling. That doesn't give our boys much time under there belt when Oklahoma State comes around.

Thank You
Troy Brunson

Troy:

The Oklahoma State Championship series began with the Regional Tournament held last weekend, February 11 and 12, 2011. The OKWA State Championship was held this weekend, February 18 and 19, 2011.

Were you playing football in November and December?

Richard D. Salyer
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: RichardDSalyer] #183481 02/21/11 01:26 AM
BLT Offline
I know kids in Hunneywell Ks
Own farm property in OK
Go to school in Blackwell OK cause their mom works there.
Wrestle in OK but can not wrestle in the OK state tournament.
I think they wrestled one year at the YMCA tournament (not surre what that is) but they have not since due to a ks address.
The rule is what the rule is, right or wrong, I don't think anything can be done this year anyway so maybe you need to be focusing on what you can for next year.

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: RichardDSalyer] #183484 02/21/11 01:36 AM
M
momof5 Offline
M
We have kansas cards though...!! With no ok wrestling club....

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: RichardDSalyer] #183485 02/21/11 01:36 AM
T
Troy Brunson Offline
T
Richard,

Yes we played all of November, up and till the weekend before Thanksgiving. Then we started wrestling practice first of December with Hugoton.

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: Troy Brunson] #183487 02/21/11 02:25 AM
Art Kennedy,EJCW Offline
With all the time and travel spent coming to kansas to wrestle
wouldnt it be cheaper,easier and more logical to drive to Oklahoma to work ? Nasa spent hundreds of thousands trying to develop a pin that would write in zero gravity.......
The russians solved the problem by using a pencil

Avise Le Fin
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: Art Kennedy,EJCW] #183491 02/21/11 02:45 AM
nix Offline
what would make you think it would be cheaper and less time.?

jeff nix
620-214-0433
Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: nix] #183495 02/21/11 03:04 AM
J
jule Offline
J
If they had a club in that part of Ok they would wrestle there. Maybe it should be up to the districts these kids are in to decide. If the kid wrestles in a club in d4 they make the call, in d1 they make the call and so on. Keep hearing this sport is all about the kids I am starting to think maybe that was bs. Maybe just certain kids in certain places not all the kids.

Re: JST LET THEM FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!!! [Re: Art Kennedy,EJCW] #183496 02/21/11 03:12 AM
R
R. Scott Edwards Offline
R
I have went back into trackwrestling and found that OK kids had wrestled at the sub-district tournament that I hosted in Dodge City back in 2009. I would like to say that they have been an absolute pleasure to get to know and talk with at all the tournaments. They have worked very hard with the Hugoton club and the kids.

It was stated in an earlier post that we voted last year to let them in and that would be the final year. If that was the case then did we send them a letter explaining that they would not get in again. How were they notified of this decision. The board made their decision and notified the kids of the results, and at that time it was to late for them to get into the OK series tournaments. I talked with Carl Mize from OK and he told me that on 1-30-2011 (the day we voted) there was not sufficient time for them to get everything turned in and registered so they could compete in the series. We should have let them know sooner than we did. The copy of the request that I have seen from Mr. Brunson was dated 10-29-2010, had we made the decision then, that would have given them time to get things in order so they could compete in OK.

I dont think the way the bylaws are written, we can tell them that it is done, they will not be able to wrestle next year. I believe it states on a year to year basis that they have to petition the state. (Richard, please correct me if I am wrong). There is going to have to be a bylaw change in order to stop it all together. It was proposed, but did not carry.

In my opinion, we should let them finish the season.

Scott Edwards
620-338-2987

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 190 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,977
Posts250,428
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)