I have decided to maintain this list again this year. I have been in communication with an individual who is interested in potentially taking it over next year when his son starts high school.

I have several to add to the list already. I have looked up the recruiting list from Intermat and their are several Kansas names on the list. I plan to add them one a day because I want to take some time to research their accomplishments and if possible to give each one a day to be featured on this topic.

Today I am adding Jake Gentzler, a wrestler who has had an outstanding high school wrestling career. I am not sure what Jake's final career numbers are but he finished 36-1 this year and currently NO. 1 ranked in Chief Renegade's All Class rankings at 125. Jake is a four time State Finalist and a 3 time State Champion including this year at 5A 125. Jake wrestled for Andover Central HS and has made a verbal committment to wrestle next year at Arizona State University. We wish Jake the best of luck next year in his wrestling and academics at Arizona State University.

Reported by posters to be wrestling next year at:

Jake Gentzler of Andover Central---Arizona State University--Verbal per Intermat 3-8-11
Taylor Moeder of St. James Academy---Old Dominion University
Daniel Deshazer of Wichita Heights HS--University of Oklahoma--Verbal per Intermat 3-8-11
----------------------------------------------------------------

Please let me know if any of the above information is incorrect and needs to be changed or if any additions or deletions need to be made to the above list. On additions it helps if I receive a confirmation by posting or private message from the wrestler, a parent, high school coach or college coach. Also it helps if I can get any accomplishments like state championships, state placing or qualifying, league titles so I can make special mention of that in the announcement with the listing. A link to a newspaper article of the signing is also a good confirmation source. Thank you

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions