Quote:
Originally posted by grizzlyfan:
...But I believe those responsible for the running of the tournament worked very hard to make the tournament run the best it could. I doubt anyone felt more tension about the tournament the the people running it. ...Jon Murray
Parsons Wrestling Club
Jon, I agree with you on this. I know they all worked hard to bring us the tournament. I know a lot of hard work happens to bring a tournament of this size. I think the first time you have a District tournament at a new facility that you encounter some difficulties that are difficult to forsee until you actually have a tournament there. I was working a NCAA volunteer group signup table upstairs in the lobby. I appreciated very much the opportunity they gave me to have a table there that day.

I only went out for a very short time to watch one match while someone covered the table for me. The spectator areas did seem completely full and the wrestling area did seem pretty crowded. I had a number of people comment to me as they were signing up as volunteers that the facility was too small for the tournament. At that time I was wondering if it would be a workable facility under a split tournament format. Jon, it seems that you and some others seem to think the facility would work under a split format so maybe that is the first year unforseen thing to learn this year. Maybe the facility could work for District with a split tournament format.

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions