Wow!! So have your kid go and prove that he belonged on Team 1. That simple! The only injustice here would be if you didn't send your kid to wrestle in this event because you think he is better than everyone! My son was on team 2 last year but he felt he was the better wrestler even though he had lost to the kid ahead of him. I told him to go up there and prove it. He went undefeated and truly enjoyed the opportunity to have wrestled in this event. These gentlemen truly care about this sport and are doing things to better these young men by spending their time and energy putting this together. What are you doing? I truly doubt that the young men could care less what team they're on, it's the parents ego's that get hurt, like yours. Of course this is assuming that you have a young man wrestling!! Many years from now no one will really care who was on team 1, 2 or 3 they will remember the friends and good times that will be made by attending events like these. Don't spoil it for your kid that is wanting to go because your ego gets hurt because "little Johnny" didn't get picked to represent team 1. Send them because they are representing Kansas and themselves!!
Thanks Dal for everything you do!!
Carlos Prieto
cprieto@gckschools.com