Originally Posted By: Tommyboy
My wife and friends go to concerts at Intrust all the time and I have never heard that complaint. I went to a sold out KSU basketball game and the parking was fine.

I have been as well. The difference here is, this event will involve a Friday workday when many of those private parking lots are full. If you recall, the one event that they had during working hours was a business/motivational seminar. For that, they had to have people park at Lawrence Dumont and bus them back and forth. I don't think that type of arrangment would sit well with our schools and fans.
Not to mention, to date Intrust has shown no interest in dealing with KSHSAA on a reasonable price. My guess is, that KSHSAA would have to raise ticket prices as much as $2.00 each in order to cover the rental costs. I believe that is one of the things hurting attendance currently. We have priced ourselves out of the market for some people.
I think even the powers that be in Wichita and at Intrust know their limitations where the parking is concerned and know if they put themselves out there for this type of event there will be holy hell to pay later.
Like it or not, that was one of the beauties of the Coliseum, you never had to worry about parking!