Originally Posted By: S Biddle
WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!! We are all from Kansas so lets get behind Kansas Wrestlers no matter where they are from or what freakin tournaments they went to. Would I of liked my boys to go to a bigger school and better tournaments, you bet. But I live where I live and didnt want to move so they wrestled at small Central Burden. I am still very proud of what they have done in podunk Central and so are they. Good Luck to all wrestlers this weekend and next.

I think most everyone on this forum wants Kansas wrestling to grow and prosper. The only way that will happen is when more wrestlers compete in high school to the best of their ability. Most wrestlers in the state don't compete in the summer for various reasons. Many wrestlers aren't in the best programs, don't wrestle the best competition, and they may not finish in the placing rounds at State. Does that make them less important in the grand scheme of things? I don't think so. They are out there battling every day in practice, they are putting it out on the line in every dual or tournament they wrestle in, they are doing their best. I applaud the best for the hard work they put in and for going above and beyond what others may not be able to do. If you want the state to have better competition for these wrestlers, don't exclude the other wrestlers that are doing it even though they may never step up on the podium at State.

Lee Girard