Okay, I will continue. Instead of focusing on the negative, I am focusing on the positive.

Ben Lightfoot - Andover Central
He lost first round to eventual State Champion Isaac Dulgarian from STA. He then won 3 straight matches to earn his medal and finishing in 5th place. Scoring some nice team points for Andover Central in the process.

Bryce Dakin - Emporia
He lost first round to eventual 4th place finisher Anthony Monares from Newton. He then won 3 straight matches to earn his 5th place medal and scoring Emporia some nice team points.

Wyatt Villers - Ark City
He lost first round to eventual 5th place finisher Logan Bjorgo from Blue Valley Southwest. He then won 4 straight matches and avenged his first round loss in the process to finish 4th. I am sure Ark City appreciated those team points.

Dalton Rodd - Andover Central
He lost first round to eventual 6th place finisher Dylan Cox from Ark City. He then won 4 straight matches and avenged his first round loss in the process to finish 4th. More team points for Andover Central.

Luke Weldon - Valley Center
He lost first round to eventual 3rd place finisher Brady Munsch from Salina South. He then won 3 straight matches to get in and win 5th place. Team points......Valley Center.

Garret Lee - Newton
He lost first round to eventual second place finisher Zach Callahan from Mill Valley. He then won 3 straight to earn his fifth place medal and help Newton with some team points.

Everyone of these kids could have packed it in after losing first round. Wrestlers are head cases. I am proof of that. Instead, they sucked it up and went to work. Everyone of them finished with 4-2 records and finished in 4th or 5th place. Nice job gentlemen!

Larry Woltje