Originally Posted By: fan of the sport
Instead of getting offended, maybe we should have an open mind and have a peaceful debate about the pros and cons of each situation.

i really don't think the topic is offensive. the delivery is. i sent you a PM on this. read other posts on the same topic. Contrarian has posted on this subject, Cokeley has posted on this subject, their delivery was mature, well written, and fair. this topic attacks one class, and 45 young men who have busted their a$$ all year long.

Originally Posted By: fan of the sport
I'm not criticizing any kids achievement has done in the past, but we should try to open our minds to new ideas that may or may not improve wrestling in Kansas. I think we get stuck doing the same thing we've always done and think thats the best way.

I'd like to see you're 5 best reason why the class system that exists currently is so good or fair.

1- equality- the system is designed to give kids the opportunity- no matter what their school size
2- quantity- the more STUDENTS who are involved in positive extra ciricular activities
3- parity- combining 5a and 6a into 1 super class would flip the coin on the weak class argument- wouldn't solve anything
4- excitement- you admitted that your football team qualified for the state playoffs with a 2-7 record. how was the atmosphere during those district games?
5- opportunity- to combine classes would take away an opportunity for some athletes, cutting classifications because some records at the state tournament is like cutting gym class, art class, and auto class because no one every graduated, then opened an auto mechanics shop, art studio, or fitness gym?????

i would be all for changing it up, if you can keep those 5 things in mind

notice it didn't include fair, nothing in life is fair- no solution will make everyone happy! someone is going to feel it's unfair.

give me your top 5 reasons that less classes make, better athletes. keep in mind that texas football has 5 classes plus 8 man and 6 man. you can't argue texas football. the eastern states have greater population, smaller distances, and more exposure to college wrestling.

"with attitude, will, and some spirit"