REGUARDING #5 PLEASE TELL THAT TO THE 379 KIDS IN 4A THAT WENT HOME AND DID NOT GET TO PARTICIPATE IN THE STATE TOURNY BECAUSE WE HAVE DIFFERENT CRITERIA FOR 5A SCHOOLS. EVERY DAMN KID IN THE STATE FIGHTS IT OUT ALL YEAR AND GOES THROUGH THE GRIND. LETS BE FAIR TO ALL NOT JUST THE BIG SCHOOLS! TOP 20% SHOULD WRESTLE AT STATE. OR MAYBE SINCE YOU DONT WANT TO CHANGE WE SHOULD QUALIFY 8 MEN IN 4A REGIONALS, SO AT STATE WE COULD HAVE 32 MAN BRACKETS AT 60% OF THE KIDS IN 4A CAN PARTICIPATE. PRETTY STUPID RIGHT?
Originally Posted By: ReDPloyd
1. It may not be good or fair, but that is not for me to decide.
2. It might be good and fair, but that is not for me to determine.
3. The current system with the classifications that are in place requires that four wrestlers out of each Regional qualifies for State, regardless of their record or their classification.
4. Wrestling is a great sport, the most demanding sport in my opinion, and I would like to see more wrestlers participate.
5. Watered down? Do you really understand the grind that these young adults go through? I really don't care what people say, the wrestlers that make it to State should be appreciated, not because they are the best, because they have worked hard and stuck it out in the most demanding sport that they can compete in while in High School.