Originally Posted By: Coach Prieto
So kids that don't wrestle middle school won't understand what it means to be part of a team? I find this totally ludicrous. My son totally gets the team concept and probably has a better understanding and appreciation than most kids his age. He has attended our team camp and summer workouts. My point is that you don't have to do middle school just for sole purpose of the team thing. If the individual takes care of business on the mat then the team is taken care of. I also think that it should be up to your son or daughter to decide whether or not they wrestle in middle school. My son wrestled his 7th grade year and mid-way thru the season he told me he didn't want to wrestle his 8th grade year. Someone on here said that "the payoff for the program to have your best kids wrestle MS is huge", what is the payoff? I wish everyone luck that is deciding what to do next year. Remember let your son or daughter decide! They are the ones wrestling not you..

So what do the kids that choose to wrestle middle school learn about team when they see others that feel they are above them doing otherwise? What are they to think when the kid who might help them improve is not in the room with THEIR team on a daily basis? How is the lesser kid supposed to get better? Are they now required to quit wrestling for their team, school and community and travel in order to improve themselves?
As I have said in the past, no matter how much people like Beeson and I and others preach it, some people will never understand the true meaning of TEAM!