Corey Leach, former assistant wrestling coach at Olathe South, and now a Special Forces soldier in Afganistan for the U.S. Army was critically injured when he was hit by an explosive device that went off beside him and a fellow solder while on patrol.

He is underwent emergency surgery in Afganistan and once he was stabilized there he was shipped to Germany where he underwent other surgical procedures. Coach Leach is in critical condition there with wounds to his head, lungs, and upper torso. His limbs as far as I know are intact and he is stable after further surgery. Coach Leach means a great deal to my son who wrestled for him and Coach Mesa at Olathe South and I know he means a great deal to Coach Mesa and all the young men at South in his time there. I will endeavor to find out how we can get some letters to him. Mr. Hinkley, if you read this, could you contact me as to how that my be facilitated. Please give Corey your thoughts and prayers. The wrestling community has a pipeline to God I think and this is a good time to use it. He needs all of us now. He is an American hero and we need to support him in his time of great need. God bless you Corey.

Last edited by Westfahl; 09/19/12 03:33 AM.