Originally Posted By: sportsfan02
Originally Posted By: Jeff Smith

Sporto, in addition to Tracy’s very valid reasons.

Those were opinions, not hard facts supported in any way.

Originally Posted By: Jeff Smith
If you have concerns regarding open rooms call Mark Lentz, he was very helpful in answering my questions last year.

Did he tell you to advise middle schoolers to violate KSHSAA rules???

1) Being in a room with 30 kids that are trying to learn to wrestle for the first time for 2 1/2 months.
FACT: the MS program has 23 new kids to wrestling this year where my son in attending.

2) Matches against these same kids for several weeks in a row and having 1-2 competative matches in the MS season
Maybe/Maybe Not Previous years indicate that this is the case, Undefeated MS wrestlers not making it out of subs and going 0-2, I will follow up with how many 1st year wreslters my boy faces this year.

3) Not allowed to practice in open rooms for extra work
Fact: It isn't allowed by rules, if you are saying open room and extra work hasn't been proven to improve kids well I guess you have your own set of issues.

4) Not being able to compete in national level tournaments.
Fact: Not allowed to wrestle outside tournament, again if high competition doesn't improve the wrestler again other issues.

5) Pioneer league season Jan-Mar (Wichita Area)
Fact: it run from Jan 3 through March 1st

6) I have seen several kids comeback from MS with bad habits, out of shape and WAY over confident.
Fact: Again a kid telling me he was 15-0 in MS and telling me he was going to be a state placer easy, not make it out of subs. I have seen two kid comeback headlocking fools, locking hands on top. I guess if you dispute that I haven't seen this then it may not be fact, but I base it soley on the MS.

Tracy Peterson
Buhler, KS