Originally Posted By: Hossus
I guess we can hash this out to infinity but since we are dealing with a State Government entity I suppose we would have to contact or write a Senator or Congressman to get any results. Simply petitioning the KSHSAAA to make the change would just fall on deaf ears. If you have a friend in Topeka who can help make this change then I suggest that you approach them. It's probably too late for the kids being subjected to this right now, but maybe for next year.

yeh, involve ANOTHER layer of government to tell a governmental entity charged with a specific responsibility how to handle that responsibility. That'll FOR SURE make it better.

Whether we like it or not, or believe it or not, the KSHSAA rules are written and largely enforced by the MEMBER institutions that make up the KSHSAA. The Board of Directors is made up of mostly of duly elected school administrators and members of BOE's. You can go on the KSHSAA website and see who those people are and you can petition THEM for a change. However, don't be surprised if not everyone agrees that the MS wrestling season is the most deserving of its undivided attention.

Last edited by GregMann; 01/10/13 12:37 AM.

Greg Mann
Manhattan, KS