For as long as I can remember my favorite thing about 321a state wrestling was the finals.  The second-to-none Parade of Champions followed by the finals, ONE MAT... ONE MATCH!!  The exclusivity of the championships set it on a pedestal above all other state tournaments I'd been to.

I understand the weather forced some changes.  But if the consolation finals can start at 2:30, why can't the finals follow one ONE MAT?  I remember not leaving the coliseum until 10pm back in the day.  Hell, we don't start regular season duals until 5:30.  Why a watered down version of the STATE FINALS at 2:30?  The weather is supposed to be great on both Saturday & Sunday should spectators decide to stay over following the tournament.

This is a hideous organizational let down for athletes who have worked their asses off to reach the ultimate High School wrestling achievement.  The snow may have gotten your long johns in a bunch, but let's pull them out and do this right for the wrestlers.  They deserve proper recognition for their accomplishments.  What's the rush?

Troy Reitcheck