No dog in this fight, but for years we've heard about how those cutting a lot of weight hurt themselves in the semis due to holding weight down all day. I wonder if this changes many matches?

And talk about having to regroup your thoughts. If you've had your sights on a championship but lose a tough one in the semis, there's little time for a pitty party. You'll have to get right in the head and wrestle soon. Could mean some heads getting ripped off by a mad dog, or some big back door defeats because of the inability to regroup.

I'm not sure why the changes are what they are, and if I get a chance to ask Mr. Lentz, I will. By the way, he is a very wrestling friendly guy. We should be very happy to have him as our KSHSAA admin. I'm not a big fan of three mats going during the finals, but it's not all that different than the 5/6A tourney or the old 456A tournament. Multiple mats going, making it tough to see the championships.

"The days I can keep my gratitude higher than my expectations...those are good days" ~ Judy Hubbard