Chief,

You still offer no evidence....just because every state does it does not provide evidence that it makes kids better. There is a flaw in the logic of that argument.

I ask that you look at this from a different angle. You and will argue from the perspective that this rule doesn't help make the very small minority of hs state placers better (not sure that logic follows either as there is no evidence to support that). However, for the majority of kids (the U14 middle schoolers) it does make them better because it gives them the opportunity to wrestle the most experienced, practiced kids in their age group. Why should we deny them that opportunity? You and will are the one's always challenging everyone to seek the best competition and yet you want to deny the middle school 14U's the opportunity to compete against this very small number of hs state placers....don't get it.

By the way, the rule as it stands now, does not force a HS state placer that is in the 14U age group to wrestle in the 14U division. The current rule gives them the opportunity to choose 14U or HS division. This is very similar to the USAW rules for the Junior vice Cadet age divisions.

At the national level a wrestler that meets the age requirement to compete as a Cadet and is in high school can wrestle Cadet or Juniors. We as a state take advantage of that rule all the time to fill our Junior Dual team.

Given your logic and Will's reasoning then you should support the idea that kids that All American at Fargo as a first year Cadet should not be allowed to compete at Fargo as a second year Cadet if they are in high school. They should only be able to compete as Juniors because it isn't fair to the first year 8th grade Cadet to have to wrestle a returning Fargo All American that has gotten to practice with his high school team all year and compete at such a high level.

Now I say this because I no you guys would go bananas if someone tried to make that rule for Fargo. Well I don't see it as being any different with the 14U debate.

Shawn Budke