Another interesting FACT. Joe Smith, son of NCAA Champion, World Champion and Olympic Champion, John Smith won an Oklahoma Jr. High State Championship (7th-9th) AND a High School State Championship (9th-12th) in 2012. John, as a father and a paid professional coach for OSU, apparantly did not see anything wrong with his Freshman wrestling 7th and 8th graders. His son was able, because of his age, to win both State Championships. I see nothing wrong with this. Will and Chief, what are your thoughts?

Joe's opponent and runner-up, Boo Lewallen, also wrestled both divisions. Boo placed 2nd at both High School and Jr. High State. Their Age Group allowed them to do both.

Were the kids ducking competition? Obviously NOT. Were they out trophy hunting? I doubt it. Were they just wrestling their age group? Of Course, in both cases. Should they be called out? WILL? CHIEF?

John Smith is a very successful wrestler, coach, and ambassador for our sport. I am more than happy to follow his lead. I only need for this proposal to fail one more time since Jake will be in 14U next year and I would hate for it to get watered down.

Will, you know me better than to think that I will hide and let this pass without a fight. Watering down a division is not the answer, just ask John Smith.

Last edited by Beeson; 03/13/13 11:28 PM.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary