Why bring up the expense of things???

If it would guarantee that STATE TOURNAMENT would have the best of the best officials on hand, I would more than gladly pay an extra fee (as many would) at the beginning of the year to help compensate those "additional expenses" - I bet you really didn't think this out before you responded... If I (we) as a parent(s) pay THOUSANDS of dollars per year to make our kids better wrestlers, then we should deservingly expect to have the best officials at the state tournament. Correct??? Money is a scapegoat.

How about this then... There were 165 teams this year at state, if we told each club we were going to bump up the club costs/fees to 20 dollars more per year I guarantee that ANY serious club in the state would gladly pay that extra amount - That itself would almost cover a hotel stay for all 28 referees (it would only be like 20 rooms) - Also try and find a way to use the "late addition" or "late weight change" penalty fees.This thread was created for the sole intentions of finding out how the coaches and referees can get along better and respect one another. Not to discuss finances.

Consistency??? Obviously you weren't on MAT 3 or 8 all day...
Originally Posted By: Bronco Wrestler
Jimmy,

You're in effect doubling the expense of hiring officials. Along with that would be double mileage and hotel rooms? All that stuff adds up big time, how will the state cover the added expenses?

My mileage alone was over $150 and I wasn't the farthest one away, so keep that kind of stuff in mind. Also you will be sacrificing consistency in matches switching officials so much and maybe that won't matter to most.

Jimmy Moison - Lawrence Elite Wrestling Club
785-224-7349 - jimmy.moison@gmail.com