Just wanted to throw out word or two about some of these kids that Levi has traveled with as a part of middle school duals, Park Hill duals, school boy dual, cadet duals, and now junior duals....I'm only posting comments on the ones I've interacted with over the years, so no disrespect meant to any of the others........

Josiah Seaton-I can remember when he was 10-15 lbs under his weight class, but always was there, knowing a lot of times the bruises he was about to obtain wrestling guys much bigger than him. But now he is all grown up, and kicking tail. Class act, as is his entire family.

Reese Cokeley-Once a kid that got pounded, in his brother's shadow, may have even taken some "we don't like his dad, so we don't like him" type of flack. He just continued to show up, get better, and work hard. Don't know if there is a nicer kid out there. And don't know if there is another family that contributes to KS wrestling more....

Parker Howell-I think the first time I met him, he was a late addition to Schoolboy duals. Didn't know his head from a hole in the ground at first, but by the end was contributing. Good awnry kid.

Zack Hensley-I remember when he was at school boy or cadet duals, and was tearing someone up, and got hurt, in his first or second match. You can't replace a kid like him, and it hurt us the rest of that tourney. But there he was, the rest of the week, arm in a sling, cheering the team on. He's got a tank on him, and is lightning quick.

Tyler MIes-He gets extra kudos cause he's a part of our kids program, but he is just a great example of a kid that shows up every day ready to go to work. I know he still hasn't accomplished what he wants to accomplish, but to me, it's not about the wrestling, its about showing class after a tough loss. He's had 2 of what have to be described as heartbreaking losses in the state semifinals/finals, yet he got up off the mat, took off his legband, and shook the opponents and opponents coach's hand like a man. Don't tell TYler this, but he's one of my favorites.

Isaac Dulgarian-What a talent, don't know what else needs to be said.

Tagen Lambotte-I remember when I showed up to either Schoolboy or Cadet dual camp at Cokeley's barn, and I start hearing about this Lambotte kid. I had no idea who he was......and then I watched him wrestle. Maybe the most intense kid I've seen.

Jonathan Blackwell-He and Levi went thru the kids programs, beating on each other several times. A kid that put in the work, and was a multi time state champ. I could never get him to talk though......never saw him throw a fit. Great kid

Calvin Ochs-I can remember back when Calvin struggled, but he kept coming back for more. He falls into that category of "stay the course, and you'll get your reward". I love kids that show up, take their beatings, then get the big payoff when they get older. Another kid that I don't know if I've ever seen be anything but respectful. Of course as mean as his mom is, he knows better, she'd kick his butt. By the way, if anyone is looking for a town to open up a barber shop, Hoxie is it. wink

Dustin Williams is another that just keeps coming back for more. ANother very intense kid, but you can't get a word out of him off the mat. Very respectful kid

Spencer Wilson-I hope Spencer doesn't take offense to this, but when he casually strolls onto the mat, sometimes tripping on his way to get his legband, his opponent has to be thinking that he has a pretty good chance of getting the win. Then the whistle blows......I can remember the time Spencer beat Oliver Pierce at Southern Plains. I think that put him on the map. This week at the duals he had a huge win over I believe a New York kid that on paper, spencer had no business competing with. NewYork was counting the lights......

Raymond Gallegos and Kane Washington fall into that category of kids that were a little soft, big kids that hadn't matured, back when we did schoolboy/cadet duals. Kids that struggled to win a match, or even to keep from getting pinned. And the Raymond Gallegos that I've seen the last few years has moved the belly up to his chest, and is an animal now. I didn't get to see Kane this weekend, but was on the edge of my seat on the dashboard during his match against the Georgia kid, which he won to bring home the Bronze bracket championship. I mean, that is the type of script you make movies about. A kid that couldn't win anything when he was younger, to a kid that turns in to the hero as a senior, as his last hurrah.....

Nathan Butler-As quiet as he has seemed off the mat, he is an animal on the mat, with an ability to turn the switch on. I remember meeting his parents at Minnesota at cadet duals, and I knew right away they were quality people, raising quality kids.

Jayrod Jonsohn------I don't know what it is about this kid, but ever since he was headlocking people that outweighed him by 15 lbs at school boy duals, I've liked him. I still remember the dual against Wisconsin that Jerod had a guy on his back for over a minute, never getting the fall call, and Levi doing the same thing, and it ended up costing us the dual. One of the few times I've made the statement that the ref cost us. No doubt, we had two pins there, and they never got called. Kansas isnt' supposd to compete with Wisconsin I guess? Anyway, even thought I've had to physically injure Jared a few times over the years for jacking with me, he's still a good kid. And if you ever think your husband is a tight wad, go talk to Jerad's dad, and you'll feel like you're married to Donald Trump. Back to being serious, Jerad knows how to shake an opponent's hand, win or lose, and take it like a man....

I guess what I'd like for everyone to take from my note this morning is this: The thing I am most proud of about these kids that I've been fortunate enough to watch grow up with my son, is that they are all good sports. I feel like wrestling has taught them life lessons that are much more important than wins and losses. Look at these kids down the road a few years, and they'll be productive members of society, not leaches on society.

Jeff Jordan spends about 5 minutes before every one of his camps talking about being a man, and after a match, standing up, and shaking the opponents hand like a man. If you aren't willing to do that, you are going to be told to leave.

If there is one thing that I don't like about our sport, is that there are too many kids that can't take it like a man. Whether it is parents or coaches letting them get away with it.

There is nothing I enjoy more than watching a good match, and when it's over, both warriors meet in the middle for the handshake, and it is respectful.

There is nothing that pi$$es me off more, than a kid that isn't willing to do that. That kid hasn't been taught what our sport is about yet, and someone needs to do just that.

Congratulation to all of these fine men.

And a big thanks to Eric "Chief" Johnson, for putting events like this all together. It has to be frustrating dealing with injuries, kids backing out, scrambling to find replacements, etc....he does it without a single complaint.

And a big thanks to Coach Marrs, Coach Ryne, and Coach Rieck. Someone already mentioned it earlier, but they carried themselves like men as well, and that carries over into the way our team carries themselves.....

And when you see a picture of your son, with his shoes in the middle of the mat, knowing he has fought his last battle on the mat, after all the blood sweat and tears, no matter how big of a man you are, you'll break down. There is nothing that life can throw at my son, that wrestling hasn't prepared him for. I wish you all the same for you and your sons......

Doug