[/quote]
I personally would like to see stalling at the minimum and fleeing in some cases when the offensive wrestler runs the defensive wrestler out of bounds to get a fresh start on top or to avoid getting stalling called for not attempting to return the defensive wrestler to the mat. It gets called about 1% of the time! Tell me what defensive wrestler is running out of bounds so he has to start all over on his hands and knees again??? [/quote]

I saw my first fleeing the mat call called last night of the season and I've seen a lot of wrestling this year. This is never called. Note its technically fleeing the mat when the bottom man stands up and the top man who is still in control with a a body lock around, and the top man pushes the bottom man out of bounds. This happens so much. Referees for whatever reason are scared to call fleeing the mat. Most people don't know that college wrestling eliminated the fleeing the mat rule this year. I guess it wasn't called enough and such a subjective call that freaks coaches out, they decided just to get rid of it.

Last edited by fan of the sport; 01/22/14 02:16 PM.

"If pro is the opposite on con, then the opposite of progress is congress"