Originally Posted By: ksuwrestling2
Still, that is very dominant.

No disagreement there, I just think he wasn't as dominant as some other guys.

Originally Posted By: Beeson
Originally Posted By: rccokeley
Beard had 2 losses his Sophomore year. Plus the one loss to Kriss at the senior classic when Beard bumped up a weight.

But by his age he would have been a JR. That is something else to look at, Beard and Caldwell both red-shirted their 8th grade year in New Mexico if I remember correctly. That is the main reason I have a problem putting either of them in the top 10.

I remember that too. I don't want to get off topic, but the "high school red-shirt" is becoming more and more common these days it seems like. Not saying it's right or wrong but there are lots reasons kids do it. Whether its because of the kids size, they're behind academically, or because the parents want their kid to have an edge athletically people are always going to find a way to do it.

Anyways...
Back to the topic at hand, Caldwell had some impressive high school wins including a pin over Maple his their freshman year at state plus some pretty good freestyle and greco accomplishments. I believe Boaz was a pretty good baseball player and focused on that over the summer. Didn't he leave Iowa state for a year to play baseball at Emporia state?