I don't like the idea of mixing Elementary and 6U... In fact, I either want 6U to join the USAWKS series or be stand alone.

The Elem and MS state are BOTH set up to establish the dual teams for the dual team nationals. The closer we get to the dual team event the more likely we will NOT have weight control issues.

I hear everyone and I echo everyone's thoughts on arena issues. The sad thing is that we have just a handful of arenas in KS where we can put 8, 10, or 12 mats on the floor.

Reasons for putting Elem and MS together:

All wresting in ONE room.
Full size mats for all.
Good officiating crews.
Table workers & clocks.
Efficiency of sign up for the national Dual events.
Labor availability.
Economies of scale. (remember, the profit goes towards lowering the costs of the National Dual events)

I am working on making the Bi Center more user friendly for wrestling. We need to meet with Building mgmt., Chamber or Commerce, Tourism Board, KSHSAA, and Salina Kids together to get some leverage. These events put people in the hotels and restaurants. If we all work together I think the common goal can be obtained.

We have to use Sundays (avoid conflicts and arenas are at a lower cost) and MS has to wait until after KSHSAA MS seasons have completed. I would like to keep it in the middle of the state to make it geographically accessible to ALL Kansas kids.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com