Originally Posted By: badbo
Win with class and be remembered as a champion. Win like a thug and you will be remembered as a thug...
Mike Pursel

I have been debating on whether to comment or not on what I witnessed this weekend. My reasons for not commenting is that the "wrestler" loves attention, even if it is negative. There should be more positive posts and this will come off very negatively.

I watched what in my opinion is possibly the most naturally gifted wrestler in the state. Unfortunately this God Given Talent has been abused. Up until now, I remembered "JO BLOW" as the kid that lost a state championship because he was show boating. I hoped he would have learned a lesson and became a better wrestler for it. I use him as an example to my wrestlers why they should win and lose with dignity. Fear No One, Respect Everyone.

Today I saw "JO BLOW" get introduced for the starting lineup for his finals match at Derby. He shook his opponents hand, yawned, and stood in the middle of the mat as the next finalists were announced. Apparently, he was enjoying the warmth of the spotlight just a little too much. In the finals he won a close match 4-3. Instead of having his hand raised and walking off like a champion, he had to throw a shoulder in to his opponent like a punk. He then went and flipped off the St. James crowd. On the podium he ran his mouth to the runner-up about how next time he would take him down and cut him. Talk is cheap and being a poor winner is embarrassing. Why didn't you do it in the finals match if it was so easy? To top it off, he walked up to a Derby trainer and told her to get out of his chair. The chair was designated for the trainers. Did it make you feel like a big man to yell at a woman?

I would love nothing better than to see this cocky, disrespectful, unappreciative wrester get beat. Unfortunately when he has the opportunity to wrestle the #1 wrestler in the nation, Mark Hall, he pulls down to avoid the competition.

I was appalled at the actions of this wrestler this weekend. Kansas wrestling deserves better.

Chad Beeson

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary