I understand it is based on "district entries" from this past season. Sekavec brought up the issue of head count on high school wrestlers skewing the numbers for district entries that was largely dismissed. D4 just doesn't have the numbers in that category. You remove the H.S. factor and it will paint a different picture on district numbers. Question for the new straw poll coming might touch on if respondents care if that balancing act should include high school head counts. If one cuts out the HS head count considerations then D1 is weaker and D4 is stronger than appears. All it would take to throw the numbers in a district in a given year is one or two large HS program coaches pounding the table and demanding their wrestlers to go wrestle USA. ...Sekavec had a valid point that was dismissed.

Does the majority care if the HS district divisions are included in balancing district numbers? I think there is little reason to be including those HS figures in the balancing act between districts but just my two cents. This perspective would create different district lines needed to balance the districts than what I suggested just prior. D1 might even need Shawnee county back but that would take another intensive numbers crunch.